Charlie Bartlett - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlie Bartlett Reviews

½ July 23, 2014
It's not breaking any ground but it's a teen comedy and a damn fine one at that. The story is unique enough to be interesting and mainstream enough to be relateable. All of the characters are finely crafted and seem real throughout. It's also damn funny
½ July 19, 2014
There are a LOT of teen dramas out there, this is one of the good ones.
June 25, 2014
I watched this movie only because RDJ playing as Mr. Gardner.
½ June 11, 2014
The concept is both original and for the most part creatively executed. It is certainly made stronger by Anton Yelchin's performance as Charlie, whose mixture of self-doubt and cockiness give us an interesting characters study. As a film however, lack of cohesion and a good ending keep this film from greatness.
May 31, 2014
Fun movie, nothing special though.
½ May 19, 2014
Well played Disfunctional Teenage Angst Film.Kinda loved this one
March 15, 2014
Another movie where Kat Dennings steals the show
½ February 17, 2014
The story is kinda scrambled, but it's still a fun teen flick with good laughs.
½ February 5, 2014
Cute teen coming of age flick with a great cast. Not only teen problems are probed, but adult ones, too.
January 5, 2014
An average teen drama
December 30, 2013
It kind of juggles a bit more than it can manage, but for the most part I appreciated how honest and sweet "Charlie Bartlett" was. It's a film that so easily could have drawn its characters in a cookie-cutter fashion, but the writing and direction do a nice job of giving everyone some layers. The performances all around elevate the characters too.
½ December 21, 2013
A quirky dark comedy very intelligently written somewhat modern day version of Ferris Bruellers Day Off but much darker. A master of manipulation Charlie uses his charming skills to alter events to go his way. I thought it was brilliant because it was a teen angst type film but done in such a unique witty way.
½ December 21, 2013
Though the protagonist has a charm and a style that could carry the movie (which is funny and clever when it wants to be), it mixes teen drama clumsily reducing the eventual bite and polish to eventual mediocrity. Either be Ferris Bueller or a Gus van Sant film, Charlie.
December 10, 2013
I saw this movie when I was at my moms Ex-Boyfriends house when I was in sixth or seventh grade. it was kind of confusing, but pretty good overall.
½ December 1, 2013
A great coming of age dramedy. I didnt even know who downey was until I saw Iron man. Then I saw this again and appreciated it way more. Downey is king!
½ November 12, 2013
Starting out quite slow, a bit random, and lacking depth, Charlie Bartlett is still a fun and enjoyable ride.
½ November 12, 2013
Despite what the people say, I thought that this was a very good telling of high school life. There are lots of problems in a teen's life that people just seem to ignore. I think this is a good depiction.
October 28, 2013
pretty good. movie about growing up and trying to find a place to fit-in during teenage years. cliché, but it was still good. alot of famous people when they were young in it.
October 23, 2013
very charming underated film.