Charlie: The Life and Art of Charles Chaplin Reviews

• Sep 13, 2017

Pretty solid acting. Would've given it 5 stars but some parts run on and are a bit choppy.

• Aug 16, 2016

I substantially prefer this wonderful and unique documentary over all Chaplin's works commentaries by the mighty "Criterion Collection".

• Aug 03, 2014

I have never watched a "tramp" movie..but who hasn't heard of Charlie..I enjoyed getting to knw the a lil better..n i freakin love RDJ...

• Jul 06, 2014

The best biography of person ever .

The best biography of person ever .

• Apr 23, 2014

Documental pertinente para todos aquellos que desconocen la genialidad de Chaplin. Alguno que otro dato interesante para aquellos que ya sabiamos de la importancia de este monstruo de la comedia.

• Apr 04, 2013

Uma das mais belas homenagens já feitas, com uma plena certeza, posso dizer que está foi a melhor atuação do Robert Downey Jr.

• Nov 24, 2012

Robert Downey JR.'s performance as Charlie Chaplin was amazing. He seemed almost like him.

• Sep 10, 2012

In short, Chaplin was for anyone anywhere who believes in human dignity above social station and who adopts an attitude of defiance in the face of helplessness against the forces of nature. Above all, he was for anyone who believes in the power of art to rescue man from his own worst tendencies.

• Jul 19, 2012

As a huge Chaplin fan I was sceptical. However Robert Downey Jr. performance is breathtaking, he takes on all of Chaplin's signature mannerisms. I strongly urge people to see this, it's a brilliant gesture to the magical genius Charles Chaplin.

• Sep 21, 2011

For anyone who seeks to learn more about this illustrious man, then this documentary is certainly for you. With a great collaboration of actors, film historians and directors, this engaging documentary is pieced together like gold. We get to see footage of Chaplin on and off screen in this the wondrous 2-hour documentary that overlooks the life of Charles Chaplin. The documentary could go on to be 4 hours long. There is a lot to say about this amazing man, a superhero for the early industry of cinema, and a legend. This documentary will make you laugh, make you think as well as possibly get teary eyes at some of the touching footage of his life and films. No director has the magnitude of fame that Chaplin had. You could call him one of cinemas first geniuses and from his short films to his feature films in his later life; they all have a special and unique quality. Full Review: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank"href="http://filmmasterjournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/charlie-life-and-art-of-charles-chaplin.html">http://filmmasterjournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/charlie-life-and-art-of-charles-chaplin.html</a>