Charlie the Lonesome Cougar Reviews

• Mar 19, 2017

"200 pounds of tooth, claw, and trouble." Enjoyable Disney nature film adds more narrative and more human characters than the earlier films and I think suffers for it. There is still narration about what Charlie is doing and what the various critters are thinking, but the story of the cougar being raised by humans and then being led out into the wild again is only modestly interesting. The film is mostly a series of comic episodes, but I'm not sure the human narrative was really all that necessary. I did enjoy the Pacific Northwest setting, since that's where I live, and I did have a moment of childhood deja-vu during a scene where a farmer squirts milk from a cow's udder into the mouths of some waiting cats. For some reason, that scene made an impression on my as a child. Fun, but not quite a Disney classic.

• May 06, 2014

Classic Disney animal adventure movie!

Classic Disney animal adventure movie!

• Feb 03, 2014

Another lost flixster rating.

Another lost flixster rating.

• Nov 17, 2013

seen it as a kid in school loved it & would watch it all the time if I owned it

seen it as a kid in school loved it & would watch it all the time if I owned it

• Feb 21, 2013

Great movie for kids of all ages. It reminds me of a time that I enjoyed in my youth as opposed to today's world we live in.

• Oct 27, 2012

Proof that Disney actually did produce good material at one time. An orphaned cougar cub is raised by a logger and gets into trouble at the mill before he is released into a wildlife refuge as an adult and meets a female cougar.

• Jul 31, 2012

one of my favs as a kid....

one of my favs as a kid....

• Jun 26, 2012

My three little grade schoolers loved watching.

My three little grade schoolers loved watching.

• Nov 17, 2011

I fondly remember this movie from my childhood and wanted to see it again. It withstands the test of time amazingly well. Nothing deep here, just the love of a man and his cougar. A moslty light-hearted, good-natured family film (by Disney of course) with a decent message. They rarely make movies like this anymore. Highly recommended.

• Nov 14, 2010

Classic Disney movie telling with a bit of rigged setups with wild animals. But it is fun and holds your attention. Good family movie.