Charlie's Angels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlie's Angels Reviews

January 17, 2015
Am I the only one who saw this film just to know who this Charlie guy is?
½ January 13, 2015
I just don't like this film. I can understand why people might, but it's too goofy, campy, and over the top for my taste.
½ January 11, 2015
On a side note: It get's a 4 out of 5 for gratuitous hair-flips.
½ January 5, 2015
for 2000:

it's not the most fresh idea from Hollywood but it's based on the hit TV show from the 70's
still gives plenty of tongue-in-cheek moments, slick action set pieces, and some smart actors
the plot also gets really intense halfway therefore amping up the excitement
Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Drew Barrymore are a great group of buttkicking secret agents for the infamous Charlie
January 4, 2015
Cheesecake's not the word. Oy!
December 29, 2014
one of the only chickflicks that isn't a romantic comedy. and i would much rather watch some chessy love storys than this
December 4, 2014
One of the mysteries of my life is how I somehow saw this movie in the theaters twice. It is also interesting that it isn't amongst the worst movies I've seen. It should be by its very nature, but it is just too forgettable to be anywhere near as bad as something like Man of the Year, Matrix: Reloaded or Angels and Demons. So while it isn't SO bad, what it also absolutely isn't is a female empowerment fable, unless female empowerment is measured by giggles.
½ November 30, 2014
"Charlie's Angels" is a movie which was released in 2000. It was created by Lvan Goff and Ben Roberts, and produced by Aaron Spelling. This is a remake of the American drama TV series "Charlie's Angels", which was an enormously successful drama series in America in the latter part of the twentieth century. The genre of this movie is action and suspense. I would like you to watch and know how interesting this movie is.

In this film, three beautiful women are working in Charlie's private detective agency. They resolve many kinds of accidents, disguising themselves and cooperating. These scenes made me feel the suspensive and my heart thumped. They were very intellectual, powerful and also cute. We can enjoy their action, sexiness, and humor. Especially, I love their action because it was an impressive performance. In fact, they toned up their bodies a few months before the filming started. Therefore, their bodies were trained and action was wonderful. If you watch this action, you will be infatuated with these three women.

In addition, we can feel Japanese culture through this movie. There is a scene of a Japanese party, so we can see some kinds of Japanese dishes. Some people use Japanese words, such as "Konichiwa" and "banzai". Also, you can listen to a few Japanese songs at the party. For example, "Ue wo muite aruko". This song is very famous and popular among Japanese people. Like this, you are able to touch and learn Japanese culture.

If you are interested in action or suspense movies, or if you are interested in Japanese culture you had better watch this movie. Absolutely, you can enjoy it. That's is why I recommended you see it as soon as possible.
½ November 17, 2014
It's a star-studded blockbuster with lots of action and effects. The jokes are deliberately cheesy, and I guess the acting and the script is too. A bit pointless unless you are a die hard fan of the tv series but it's mindless entertainment and it does have it's place sometimes.
November 12, 2014
October 28, 2014
Funny, original and very well acted, Charlie's Angles bring to us a new story advisable for that people who likes smile.
October 19, 2014
½ September 17, 2014
It's ok. Alittle heavy with the action and teasing though. Maybe it could have been alittle more believable.
September 11, 2014
It's a rote adaptations of a fairly cliched old TV program, but "Charlie's Angels" is not without some juvenile charm, by any means.

Following three deadly female agents who work for a mysterious anonymous benefactor named "Charlie", this films picks up as the Angels take on a case involving a stolen computer program. After a healthy amount of double crossing, the girls find themselves fighting to save themselves and their mysterious employer.

Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu star as the eponymous crime fighting team, alongside an all-star supporting cast that features Bill Murray, John Forsythe, Sam Rockwell, Kelly Lynch, Tim Curry, Crispin Glover, Luke Wilson and Matt LeBlanc, as well as a small early role for Melissa McCarthy. It's a big cast, and there isn't a whole lot done with them, but everyone appears to be having fun (despite the reports floating around of a serious rift between Murray and Liu, but to their credit, if that happened, neither let it show).

It's a piece of fluffy fun, and it's never going to age terribly well, but for some brainless fun/eye candy, you could do a lot worse than Charlie's Angels.

A borderline 6/10 for this film.
½ September 3, 2014
There are many reasons why this is a terrible film: the tone, the script, the misuse of Bill Murray. But the killer is McG's horrible handling of the soundtrack. Every scene, every transition has a song - which are all over the map: 80s, disco, techno, hip hop, rock. I counted a whopping 39 songs (!) in the credits. This unfocused, never-ending soundtrack kills the film.
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
½ July 30, 2014
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh); Emoticon: :-}.
July 24, 2014
one dumb plot with some well executed action sequences and three too-good-to-be-true leads
July 14, 2014
An excellent movie and there is no way it gets lower than an 8/10 from me. This is nowhere near a seven out of ten as it was rich, wonderful, great, awesome movie and much much better than Kill Bill and much easier for me to give it a solid 8 out of 10.