Charlotte's Web - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlotte's Web Reviews

December 13, 2014
Retains most of the magic from the book.
November 22, 2014
it isn't a good movie but I have seen worse. Your child from about 4-8 will love it. It takes a lot to engage 3 yr olds interest in movie and 2 and less rarely stay awake at movies. Most children over 8 won't like it. It just bit to simple. I dare you to count how many pig themed movies are out their. The touching part of Charolletes web is the way Charollete goes out make even toughest grown men and women cry. I didn't cry when they shot old yeller or bambi's mom got shot. I am sorry bit I kind of snickered when Simba's dad died I am so sorry. I was cynical little girl. I was older when saw Charolletes web and the ending did make me cry though rest standard pig movie
½ October 24, 2014
Really well-done live action treatment of this classic story
August 20, 2014
love this move as a kid
½ August 18, 2014
Very fun loving and full of joy. E.B White would have cherished this version of his award winning classic. All the voice actors fit their characters perfectly, especially Julia Roberts as Charlotte. I even enjoyed the live acting leads, especially Dakota Fanning. My only flaw with this version is the crows having character backgrounds, knowing they had nothing to do with story besides attacking Templeton and being scared of a scarecrow. However overall, this film is wonderful.
August 18, 2014
not bad and not good
August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ August 11, 2014
Such a sweet tale. But maybe because I love the book so much, I expect a little more from the movie.
½ August 10, 2014
This is a brilliant adaption of a book that I probably wouldn't read anymore--it's hilarious, it's got heart, and it reminds us to open our eyes to the miraculous things that are around us.
August 2, 2014
It's a classic kids movie from when I was a kid, but it got old fast.
July 20, 2014
I love the movie and the book. Just like the book and that's a great movie if it's like the book. Good movie. Love Wilbur.
July 20, 2014
30 years after reading and loving the story, it is still sad.
July 8, 2014
Very interesting movie . Just like the book . Has some of the best entertainers including Dakota Fanning , Cedric the Entertainer , Kathy Bates , Reba McEntire , Julia Roberts, and Oprah Winfrey.Growing up the book and animated movie amazed me and so I really wanted to watch this movie and glad I did. The cast and voices were well done. The animals were beautiful and really set the scenes well. There are some really funny, humbling, and tearful moments in the movie, but you won't regret watching it at any age.
½ July 5, 2014
as a childrens book adaptation this is pretty standard but it holds up pretty sub par as a film. it is entertaining for the children but it was a bore to me and more of a less charming rip off of babe to me. so i would skip on this if i were you unless you have kids.
½ June 24, 2014
OK.Read The Book And Thought The Movie Was Good.Book Was So Much Better.C+
June 22, 2014
really enjoyed this tonight with the kids. A great retelling.
June 22, 2014
good movie to watch with the kid's but would never just watch it by myself
June 21, 2014
classic, forgot how whiny Wilbur was
June 21, 2014
Very sweer and cute story for children :)
½ May 23, 2014
Cute, heartfelt, and eminently charming, Charlotte's Web captures the spirit of E.B. White's book in a way that both children and adults can enjoy.