Charlotte's Web - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlotte's Web Reviews

½ July 30, 2015
It's so obvious that this was based on a Newberry-winning kid's novel, that it doesn't feel as human as it tries to be (animals aside); but the star-studded cast do well at bringing personality into this world, along with its moments of visual brilliance and emotional connection.
½ July 30, 2015
I was young. I was dumb. I enjoyed it... a lot.
May 30, 2015
Loved the movie. Charlotte and Templeton were my favorite characters in this film. They stole the show.
May 16, 2015
A good movie, but is aimed more towards children. Julia Roberts as the voice of Charlotte does a great job along with Dakota Fanning. Good one for the kids, but I wasn't too impressed with it.
April 1, 2015
I loved this movie as a kid. Dakota Fanning was so young and sweet and her character was so sweet and so cute. I fell in love with her sweet and gentle personality and it made it so fun to watch. Wilbur was also very cute too
½ December 14, 2014
Really heartwarming, touching and cute at the same time - the perfect ingredients for families to enjoy in a film. Also, it's way more enjoyable than "Babe" and probably better than the original animated film. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
December 13, 2014
Retains most of the magic from the book.
November 22, 2014
it isn't a good movie but I have seen worse. Your child from about 4-8 will love it. It takes a lot to engage 3 yr olds interest in movie and 2 and less rarely stay awake at movies. Most children over 8 won't like it. It just bit to simple. I dare you to count how many pig themed movies are out their. The touching part of Charolletes web is the way Charollete goes out make even toughest grown men and women cry. I didn't cry when they shot old yeller or bambi's mom got shot. I am sorry bit I kind of snickered when Simba's dad died I am so sorry. I was cynical little girl. I was older when saw Charolletes web and the ending did make me cry though rest standard pig movie
½ October 24, 2014
Really well-done live action treatment of this classic story
August 20, 2014
love this move as a kid
½ August 18, 2014
Very fun loving and full of joy. E.B White would have cherished this version of his award winning classic. All the voice actors fit their characters perfectly, especially Julia Roberts as Charlotte. I even enjoyed the live acting leads, especially Dakota Fanning. My only flaw with this version is the crows having character backgrounds, knowing they had nothing to do with story besides attacking Templeton and being scared of a scarecrow. However overall, this film is wonderful.
August 18, 2014
not bad and not good
August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ August 11, 2014
Such a sweet tale. But maybe because I love the book so much, I expect a little more from the movie.
½ August 10, 2014
This is a brilliant adaption of a book that I probably wouldn't read anymore--it's hilarious, it's got heart, and it reminds us to open our eyes to the miraculous things that are around us.
August 2, 2014
It's a classic kids movie from when I was a kid, but it got old fast.
July 20, 2014
I love the movie and the book. Just like the book and that's a great movie if it's like the book. Good movie. Love Wilbur.
July 20, 2014
30 years after reading and loving the story, it is still sad.
July 8, 2014
Very interesting movie . Just like the book . Has some of the best entertainers including Dakota Fanning , Cedric the Entertainer , Kathy Bates , Reba McEntire , Julia Roberts, and Oprah Winfrey.Growing up the book and animated movie amazed me and so I really wanted to watch this movie and glad I did. The cast and voices were well done. The animals were beautiful and really set the scenes well. There are some really funny, humbling, and tearful moments in the movie, but you won't regret watching it at any age.
½ July 5, 2014
as a childrens book adaptation this is pretty standard but it holds up pretty sub par as a film. it is entertaining for the children but it was a bore to me and more of a less charming rip off of babe to me. so i would skip on this if i were you unless you have kids.