Charms for the Easy Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charms for the Easy Life Reviews

jjnxn
½ May 17, 2012
Gena's great as ever the movie less so.
½ April 13, 2011
Accidentally stumbled on this movie while flicking through channels. Very charming and memorable characters. I certainly enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
February 8, 2011
Well this was made for TV and broadcast midmorning, so my expectations weren't high. Gena Rowlands is good value and the plot is not without merit. There's a kind of Deep South magical realism running through it - everything is as it's meant to be, and Charlie Kate as local witch is the best doctor in town. This is 1940, by the way. Leave your disbelief at the door.
October 11, 2009
I don't know exactly when "three generations of strong-willed women living in the same house" became a genre, but this movie definitely fits that genre. Thankfully, the youngest girl was interesting, as the older two generations often bored me. I was fascinated with how the youngest girl tried to navigate between the two extremes set for her by her mother and grandmother. While I normally am not a fan of episodic movies, this movie was actually served by it's episodes. I dislke the ending extremely, as it was hackneyed and trite, and this movie fell into such cliches. Decent, but not altogether memorable.
March 17, 2009
konusu güzel ama bulamadim
July 9, 2008
Loved the movie..movie is quite inspiring
October 1, 2007
Filmed in the NC Mountains !
June 9, 2007
This made for TV movie follows the lives of three women, a grandmother, her daughter, and her granddaughter during WWII. This movie boasts witty banter, several romances, and broken relationships. The love stories make me feel twitterpated, the tragedies make me cry, and the silly arguments make me laugh. This movie doesn't really have a plotline. Instead, it follows the more organic storyline of the grandmother's life.
May 21, 2007
I "accidentally" started watching this movie because I was feeling a little lazy, and didn't want to find the remote to change the channel. It was a great movie, and I'm glad I was too lazy to find something else to watch, because I would have missed out on a great movie! I definitely recommend!