Chasing Coral Reviews

• Apr 28, 2020

Amazing Beautiful! Perfect images

Amazing Beautiful! Perfect images

• Nov 29, 2019

Chasing Coral was a powerfully emotional documentary that follows the bleaching of coral reefs around the world and discusses the causes of coral bleaching, the degree to which it affects coral reefs, and the major problems that will ensue if the bleaching is allowed to continue. The film followed Richard Vevers, a British underwater photographer, and his crew attempting to document the ongoing bleaching of coral reefs at multiple locations around the world, including the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia and reefs off the coast of Hawaii, the Bahamas, Lizard Island, New Caledonia, and the Bermudas. This film does an exemplary job of describing exactly what coral is, the importance of coral, and breaking down just how hard it is to actually obtain footage in a time lapse style of the bleaching of coral reefs, and what exactly us humans can do about it. The film also depicts the photography team's struggles of having to try multiple times to collect the bleaching footage because of technical difficulties, random weather events like severe storms and hurricanes, and the reality of how quickly the bleaching is occurring and why it is happening. The cinematography was absolutely breathtaking and thought-provoking. Jaw-dropping comparisons of healthy coral reefs just months before documenting the bleaching process juxtaposed to dead skeletal remains of the reefs reveal just how quick and deadly the bleaching process is and why it is so hard to document. Interviews of coral biologists and the coral guru himself, Dr. Charlie Veron, are included and all of them reveal how depressing these findings are and how something must be done to save the coral reefs. Vevers and his team are shown attending the International Coral Reef Symposium in Hawaii where they share their findings with the top coral researchers and scientists in the world. They urge anybody that has an underwater camera and diving equipment to see for themselves what is happening to the coral reefs and to help document the bleaching processes in order to bring enough attention to it so that change will actually start to take place. In the end, the documentary states the long-term importance of coral and to visit chasingcoral.com to find out what you can do to help. Overall I thought that the message was stated clearly and concisely, and that the director did a fantastic job weaving all the interviews, footage of the dive trips and issues the team dealt with, and the time lapses and photos of the coral bleaching in together to create a compelling documentary that makes me want to stop what I'm doing and save the coral!

• Nov 14, 2019

Why can't their so-called "Coral Nerd" pronounce Anemone correctly?

Why can't their so-called "Coral Nerd" pronounce Anemone correctly?

• May 11, 2019

Resonating with poignancy as the underwater beauty is shown and moderately explained, without any further attachment in risking detachment, to endorsing a bigger current, debating topic as an alarming pivotal role under passionately trying care that this documentary functionally reveals. (A-)

• Dec 10, 2018

Chasing Coral has opened my eyes to the effects of global warming on the ocean. When we are thinking about the outside temperature, two degrees does not seem to make that much of a difference. Whether its 72 or 74 degrees outside, the weather is fairly nice. However, when we are talking about our body temperature, two degrees can be drastic. This is the same with the ocean. With just a two degrees increase in temperature (Celsius), it is as though the coral reefs are experiencing a fever. They are no longer able to survive, and with the death of the corals, comes the death of an entire ecosystem. Chasing Coral is an eye-opening documentary about the coral reefs and how the increase in oceans temperature are causing them to bleach and die. Numerous marine species rely on the corals for food, shelter, and life. We are seeing a drastic decrease in biodiversity every time the oceans warming causes a large area of the corals to die. I would highly recommend that everyone watch this documentary. We are losing such a beautiful part of our oceans and plant due to global warming. A change needs to happen!

• Oct 24, 2018

Why tf am I crying in the club rn

Why tf am I crying in the club rn

• Aug 20, 2018

This is powerful movie which makes me or us to think we need to do something to protect our planet. It was emotional and sad when they were comparing the coral in two months. They died and disappeared in two months. They all will be gone one day, and the ecosystem will get a permanent damage.

• Aug 20, 2018

It was mesmerizing at times and wakening and educational but it was way too long almost lost its power along the way. The whole thing should've been 45 minutes tops.

• Jun 12, 2018

Some of the most stunning footage I've ever seen. A truly moving and harrowing experience. I've never been so motivated to fighting climate change as I was by the end of this film. If only it weren't for that painful Kristen Bell song during the credits. This film was so deftly crafted otherwise.

• Apr 28, 2018

Alarming and inspiring, this ocean doc communicates its climate change stance with uncommonly direct boldness and convincing evidence, along with the arduous human journey to capture it.