Chasing Coral Reviews

• May 11, 2019

Resonating with poignancy as the underwater beauty is shown and moderately explained, without any further attachment in risking detachment, to endorsing a bigger current, debating topic as an alarming pivotal role under passionately trying care that this documentary functionally reveals. (A-)

• Dec 10, 2018

Chasing Coral has opened my eyes to the effects of global warming on the ocean. When we are thinking about the outside temperature, two degrees does not seem to make that much of a difference. Whether its 72 or 74 degrees outside, the weather is fairly nice. However, when we are talking about our body temperature, two degrees can be drastic. This is the same with the ocean. With just a two degrees increase in temperature (Celsius), it is as though the coral reefs are experiencing a fever. They are no longer able to survive, and with the death of the corals, comes the death of an entire ecosystem. Chasing Coral is an eye-opening documentary about the coral reefs and how the increase in oceans temperature are causing them to bleach and die. Numerous marine species rely on the corals for food, shelter, and life. We are seeing a drastic decrease in biodiversity every time the oceans warming causes a large area of the corals to die. I would highly recommend that everyone watch this documentary. We are losing such a beautiful part of our oceans and plant due to global warming. A change needs to happen!

• Oct 24, 2018

Why tf am I crying in the club rn

Why tf am I crying in the club rn

• Aug 20, 2018

This is powerful movie which makes me or us to think we need to do something to protect our planet. It was emotional and sad when they were comparing the coral in two months. They died and disappeared in two months. They all will be gone one day, and the ecosystem will get a permanent damage.

• Aug 20, 2018

It was mesmerizing at times and wakening and educational but it was way too long almost lost its power along the way. The whole thing should've been 45 minutes tops.

• Jun 12, 2018

Some of the most stunning footage I've ever seen. A truly moving and harrowing experience. I've never been so motivated to fighting climate change as I was by the end of this film. If only it weren't for that painful Kristen Bell song during the credits. This film was so deftly crafted otherwise.

• Apr 28, 2018

Alarming and inspiring, this ocean doc communicates its climate change stance with uncommonly direct boldness and convincing evidence, along with the arduous human journey to capture it.

• Jan 08, 2018

As A Technical Feat, An Amazing Success. As A Documentary, It Treads Nothing New..Not Already Well Known In The 99% Of Well-Informed Coalition Of Concerned Scientists, Whom Know & Believe In Climate Change. These Educated Individuals Have Being Ringing The Alert-Warning Bells Since The Mid-80s, Now With This Release In 2016, It Appears The Technology Just Expresses The Same Thing With A Vivid Picture Quality & Lovely Soothing (But Concerned) Tones. What Does It Achieve?? Not Much Really Other Than Showing The Limits Of Technology Underwater..The Question You Are Left With Is, Sure...Now We Know You Have Developed New Limits On Your Cameras...But What Limits Are There On The Planet? Where Will The 'Research' Stop & The Acceptance Of (Near Inevitable) Reality Kick In?? 1-Year? 3?? 7?? 22?? ...Yes, The Planets Dying...Can We Now Do Something Already?? Instead Of Being The Daggy-Nerd (Oh Sorry, Researcher) With His Camera Documenting The Destruction...It's So Depressing. Humans Just Repeat There Same Stupid Follies, Again & Again. (I Recommend Everyone Read 'Collapse' By Jared Diamond) We Are Headed This Way...AGAiN!!

• Jan 03, 2018

A new Netflix documentary “Chasing Coral“ visually demonstrates how warming ocean water temperatures kill coral. Besides the incredibly beautiful cinematography, we get a wonderful education on these little animals that create coral reefs. The documentary‘s plot follows a film team looking for ways to capture this rapidly changing underwater phenomenon. I highly recommend this Netflix movie.

• Jan 02, 2018

Whether you have ever snorkeled or scuba dived among coral reefs or not, this movie will change the way you think about life under the sea and what global warming is doing to it. It's one of the reasons that what those working toward solutions, like the volunteers of http://CitizensClimateLobby.org , are doing is so important.