Chasing Freedom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chasing Freedom Reviews

½ October 5, 2012
Enlightening, I think, but can't help wondering if the awful depiction of Afghanistan is how "they" want us to believe it is. I think not, and I certainly don't want to go see for myself, but still . . . . . . . . .

Interesting movie either way, and if the depiction is accurate, incredible to think there is such backwardness in existence in 2012.
½ May 8, 2011
This movie made me appreciate being an American!
½ March 11, 2010
An interesting movie! It's great to see an actress like Lewis starring in a highly dramatic movie such as this one. Its also great to see that this film centralizes around a controversial issue that depicts a view of one woman's survival and journey, without undermining a religion that is beautiful and serene of itself. Like all existing religions throughout the world, its just the politics, actions, and belief structures of certain individuals that belittle, cruelly impose, and distort, the original intentions of God's words and message. The structural belief of humanity is tested in the form of law(s), and basic compassion is overlooked in some forms. Layla Alizada, Juliette Lewis, and Brian Markinson stars. Worth seeing!
½ November 29, 2008
bon film pour avoir un apercu du super regime des talibans en afghanistan et du processus des refugies aux usa
May 27, 2008
I had never heard of this...and what a nice little surprise this was....real emotional ending...not usually a Lewis fan buts she's very good in this...good movie
March 12, 2008
The basic premise of the story was good, although the acting wasn't great. The change in Juliette Lewis' character seemed too drastic.
March 4, 2008
Very simple by today's standards of movie making but I love Juliette Lewis! good movie!
February 22, 2008
Wow. Amazing movie. A simple, touching story. Honest. Incredibly moving. And it's a home-grown Canadian film - go Canada!
February 14, 2008
Didn't know what this was about till Jeev rented was touching and tells the horrible things that have happened to Afgan woman
½ December 28, 2007
i cant believe this movie was based on a true story
November 29, 2007
TV movie quality through and through with some incredibly wooden acting by Lewis. Interesting subject matter, though, and its heart was in the right place.
November 11, 2007
This was an excellent portrayal of the horrific way women have been treated in Afghanistan! I cried to think that many of my students have come from a country where things like this were happening. The message at the end about not making generalizations was very powerful.
August 25, 2007
I watched this movie completley by accident and gosh it was breathtacking. Very well played, very powerfull, a must!
August 5, 2007
Recommended by Jenni.
½ August 3, 2007
It should be a movie about women's rights in the Middle East, but in fact it's about the immigration process after 9/11, I definitely think more people should see this!
½ July 5, 2007
good movie, but did not like the acting so much. Very informational...
April 13, 2007
I cried at it's end.. it moves emotions with all the hardships this young girl and her attorney face to get her some freedome and some safety... it's really sentemintal
April 9, 2007
very nice, but it is violently against islam
½ August 5, 2006
eye opening movie. shows the strictness of the taliban and our faulty immigration system.
July 14, 2006
Maldita sea el discrimen contra las musulmanes. Good movie for Lawyers.