Chasing Liberty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chasing Liberty Reviews

½ April 14, 2018
Chasing Liberty aspires to be a modern take on classic comedies like It Happened One Night and Roman Holiday, only instead of a princess on the run, it's the president's daughter, and instead of a reporter she winds up with, it's an agent assigned to protect her (He's told not to reveal himself, and to give her a fake sense of freedom). The performances are fine (Mandy Moore makes one hell of an improvement from her dreadful performance in the shitty Love Story rip off, A Walk to Remember), the sites are delightful as one should expect from a film about a trip through Europe, and it has some occasional moments of humor. Unfortunately, Chasing Liberty flat lines because of its own script which does very little to spice up its premise. The film also suffers because there are too many montages and not enough character development (Sorry, you're not Rocky IV. You can't get away with a fuck-ton of montages with a story like this). I can see some people enjoying this, as it's an inoffensive romantic comedy. It's just a shame that it couldn't be better. Ultimately, it's just mediocre and forgettable.
July 2, 2016
A runaway president's daughter, falls in love with her secret service agent. Beautiful places they go to as well, Paris, Bungee Jumping, A Love Parade ect.
May 31, 2016
Easy to watch feel good movie :-)
½ March 1, 2016
I love the chemistry between the two of them. The scenery is amazing in this movie.
November 2, 2015
with nods to both
roman holiday and it happened one night this delightful comedy follows the presidents teen daughter Mandy Moore after she runs away from her secret service detail in Prague, then is charmed by an older brit.
October 17, 2015
Terrible plot line, bad acting.
March 31, 2015
looks really gd cant wait to see it
February 2, 2015
This was very similar to First Daughter, but I enjoyed this more because the adventure was more exciting and the chemistry between the characters was better.
October 16, 2014
this is the stupidest movie I have ever seen. The chemistry left me hopeless for my own romantic future. What kind of president's daughter's name is liberty. Stupidity.
½ August 30, 2014
I'm a sucker for chick flicks and I don't care what you think...
April 11, 2014
Not that bad actually. When the movie was over I think my initial reaction was, "Aww, that was a cute movie." Nothing spectacular. Just a cute movie!
March 2, 2014
I feel like I've seen this movie a few times before..there is just not a single original plot point in this entire movie. And other versions of this movie do it better. Matthew Goode was the only bright spark I could see.
February 20, 2014
Disfrutando mi libertad
September 24, 2013
Predictable teenage fluff.
½ August 31, 2013
I just love romantic comedies! This one is perfect! Good actress, hot actor, dream life and Europe!
½ July 12, 2013
Jeremy Piven is the highlight of this movie for me. Though everyone else is good, Mandy Moore and Matthew have good chemistry and it carries the movie.
July 2, 2013
Nette Komödie mit anscheinend einem grossen Budget. Prag, Venedig, Berlin, London.. wow! Story nichts Neues, ab und zu auch sehr unrealistisch, aber Darsteller überzeugen dank der stimmigen Chemie.
December 30, 2012
Cheesy fun. Super cheesy fun.