Chasing Liberty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chasing Liberty Reviews

December 7, 2012
Another romance churned out. Run o the mill stuff!
½ November 30, 2012
Quite an idiotic story. At one point it gets better. But an overall fail. Of course.
½ November 20, 2012
Giving it a half star because "no stars" is apparently not allowed.
½ November 11, 2012
Cheesy, but great. It's just another movie with a sheltered girl rebelling and experiencing the life she's missed, but Mandy Moore is adorable and though not a new concept, it's one that's always fun, even if it doesn't have much substance.
November 5, 2012
TV movie, nothing else to say...
October 20, 2012
Runaway first daughter... cute rom com
½ October 15, 2012
about as good as the 'President's daughter" but equally flawed.
½ October 5, 2012
Of all the "President's daughter" films out there, this is my favorite. I think the chemistry between Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode is was makes it so fun to watch.
½ September 15, 2012
The main characters look nice together, but it all seems unrealistic and so optimist that makes me bored.
August 31, 2012
Good movie...but just like all the others.
August 29, 2012
this is the perfect chick flick :)
i loved it. whoever cast this made a perfect decision :)
½ August 12, 2012
Your basic cliched and formulaic Rom Com movie! I seriously hated this movie and the only reason why I didn't give this movie a lower rating is because of Jeremy Piven, he was pretty funny in this one. But other than that this movie fell flat, it had bad writing, bad direction and god awful performances by it's two leads. I already know Mandy Moore can't act worth of shit, but in this movie she was way beyond awful. The lead guy Matthew Goode was also very bad in this one, he had poor delivery and it seemed like he was trying way too hard. I mostly blame the writers for the awfulness of this movie because the reason this movie is so cliched and predictable is because of the writers and plus the dialogue in this movie was a complete joke. I know some people do enjoy this movie, but I honestly have to say there is nothing good about this movie maybe Jeremy Piven is fun to watch, but that's it and that's seriously not enough to make this movie good. So please skip this one because it's just your typical chick flick that has the most generic story and the most cliched conclusion.
½ August 3, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012

(2004) Chasing Liberty
ROMANTIC DRAMA/ COMEDY

Mandy Moore plays the President's daughter Anna Foster whose tired of being chaperoned and guarded by the 'Secret Service' so she demands her freedom from them after being humuliated when going on a first date with some nobody! Then the President(Mark Harmon) takes him and his family to visit somewhere in Italy, she then takes the opportunity to run away while being chaperoned by the 'Secret Service' to visit some old girlfriend of a daughter who also happens to have a father whose also important and wealthy, it is then she meets Ben Calder played by Mathew Goode and he helps her escape while riding on a scooter who's conveniently slightly older than her but is really part of the Secret Service as well. Throughout the rest of the film, Ben refuses many advances from her whenever she shows affection toward him who doesn't suspect a single thing which he didn't want to disclose to her otherwise, she'll just run away from him as well just because it's her nature, and at the same time he start to have attracted feelings for her and of course both fall in love.

The movie is a cross between "Roman Holiday" and "The Bodyguard" where the Mandy Moore character wants to "blend" in with other people, not realizing she could put her own family in jeopardy just because she's the 'President's daughter'. What's ridiculous is that the film never really convinces it's audience about the President's daughter's notoriety since in the movie they were times when people didn't know who she is as opposed to the ones that do upon visiting around some foreign country, and is she that gullible that the reason she hardly knows anything about this Ben character, refusing any of her advances is because he may be working for the Secret service which never crosses her mind- does she have to find out after stumbling onto him unexpectedly overhearing him talking in the dreaded phone thing is very old fashioned, if watched enough movies, this 'scene' is one of the most weakest. The movie is supposed to convince it's audience that being the President's daughter is supposed to be a bad thing but the thing is that there's also a lot of good things too and this film fails to acknowledge that! Also adding that hardly anyone can relate to the Mandy Moore character because the chances of that even happening is slim to none. While there are a lot of cringing moments, it almost seems like this plot device was completely made up as it was going along and is used as a promotional tour for viewers to galvanize at our two main characters making the most out of this trip, re-using such a ridiculous concept.

1 out of 4
July 6, 2012
i really love this movie and the actors
June 22, 2012
this movie was so cute!!!!!!
June 6, 2012
funny and cute love it
June 6, 2012
A Good Love story, but small europe trip .
June 4, 2012
Ok, and not well written
½ May 13, 2012
I can watch this movie anytime!
½ April 23, 2012
The storyline could have been so much to go on, the entire movie Could have been much better with a less cringe worthy script and terrible soundtrack, although the only good things about this movie were Moore and Goode, I do have a small soft spot for the location spots in this film and the character personalities.