Chasing the Win Reviews

• Dec 17, 2019

I loved this documentary. I don't follow horse racing and knew next to nothing about it, but this film did what a great documentary does- introduces viewers to an unknown subject and educates them with an enthralling story. It follows the a couple of scrappy investors and their team as they compete against mega million dollar investors, and come up with a champion. It doesn't end there, though. We follow the horse and his team as they go through the roller coaster of chasing the win. It's an excellent film about passion, competing, being an underdog and the connection between people and their animal co-workers. Watch this- you'll be glad you did.

• Nov 26, 2019

What a terriffic movie. I was captivated with this horse, his owners, and trainer throughout the entire film. The global destinations & races give me an insight into the world of horse racing that I had no clue about. Great camara angles and music kept my interest in the movie. A must see film.

• Nov 25, 2019

Quite interesting doc on horse racing. There is a narrative that flows involving a novice trainer joining forces with an owner that suddenly jump-starts a lucrative partnership. I enjoy going to horse races, though I did not have a very thorough understanding of the sport. This doc was informative and entertaining, like a Moneyball for horse racing. Highly recommend it.

• Nov 15, 2019

I didn't know anything about this great and noble activity but now I'm hooked! These people whether it's the trainer or the owners are genuinely passionate and truely love their horse which they treat with a great respect. And Kinsale King!...I'm in love! What a spirited animal! And of course the story of this young trainer Carl touched me ! What those two were able to accomplish is sensational, very encouraging and motivates me! A MUST WATCH. What a ride! Enjoy your well deserve retreat Kinsale King!

• Nov 07, 2019

Great story of dedication and love for the sport of horse racing the sport of kings, if you root for the underdog like I do and love animals, beaut horses you will enjoy this not so common human story.

• Oct 20, 2019

Laura Sheehy and Chris Ghelfi gives us a beautifully photographed and directed story of the ups and downs of horseracing. But you don't have to be a fan of racing to enjoy this documentary. It involves you in the human story of struggle which we all relate to and takes us to the pinnacle of success which we all hope to achieve. Well worth the time. Five stars.

• Oct 15, 2019

This is the story of a horse, the owner, and the trainer chasing the win. this documentary captures the emotions of the horse racing industry beautifully. I love an underdog story. This is so well-crafted from start to finish. Thoroughly enjoyed!

• Sep 13, 2019

Chasing the Win is a first rate documentary about life in the horse racing world. I didn't know much about horse racing before watching, but I feel like I learned quite a bit, and the story was very compelling. We follow a horse trainer, the owner, and of course the horse from California to Dubai and everywhere in between. The life of a racing horse is truly epic, with lots of traveling all over the world. The film was very well made. I thought the editing was especially strong, along with the sound mix. The way the filmmakers used sounds (or sometimes the lack of sound) was very effective. All in all this is a very compelling and powerful documentary. Check it out!

• Jun 10, 2019

This documentary is an intimate look into the high stakes world of horse racing, the life changing results of an out of nowhere champion, and the pressure to repeat in a sport where success is always fleeting. Told over several years the audience experiences first hand the highs and lows of the unexpected rise of Kinsale King and his trainer Carlo Callahan. From humble beginnings the trainer, the horse and the owners upset several more prominent and well funded teams to become champions, but with success comes the intense pressure to repeat as decisions are second guessed, nature is circumvented and relationships forged in success are tested with each upcoming race. What's really exceptional about this film is the personalities which come out in a natural way, especially that of the star of the film Kinsale King, the horse whose quirks both make him an excellent albeit flawed racer.

• May 16, 2019

I am not the biggest fan of documentary film making but I am a huge fan of underdog stories and horses. So when someone suggested I watch a doc about horse racing I decided to give it a try, and I am very happy I did. Watching this movie I felt like I actually learned a good deal about the horse racing world, while slowly falling for a beautiful, and spirited horse racing against the odds, with a trainer who was racing against the same, brought together by a family whose love for the animals helped them over come certain obstacles of their own. End of the day if you like horses, like underdog stories, and like movies I'd definitely recommend Chasing the Win, for the Win (I couldn't resist).