Chasseurs de Dragons (Dragon Hunters) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chasseurs de Dragons (Dragon Hunters) Reviews

June 2, 2016
Impressive beautiful world and effects thrown into an underdeveloped story.
March 10, 2016
Spotty animation and extremely standard plot, not very memorable either.
January 8, 2016
The French and 3D animation don't go well together. Dragon Hunters is a subpar animated film about an idealistic girl wanting to meet a brave stumbling upon a gentle giant, and they hunt for dragon. Nothing interesting to see here other than horrible writing and really terrible voice acting.
December 1, 2014
Considering what I got for 5 dollars, I was blown away. Even more so by the TV series, which I discovered after this movie. It's fun, has a unique world, and stars one of the most huggable giants in years. Pick it up if you see it.
May 30, 2014
An animated adventure movie from France. Some imaginative scenery with stereotypically unimaginative characters done in CGI. The story is told in such a straightforward manner that there were no surprises which led to a bit of boredom on my part. Meh.
½ September 10, 2013
Dragon Hunters (Chasseurs de dragons) French animation film directed by Arthur Owak and Guillaume Ivernel. Dragon Hunters is based on television series of same name. In English-dubbed version Lian's voice is provided by Forest Whitaker.

A fantasy film - young girl named Zoe lives with her blind uncle a rich medieval man. Her uncle is trying hard to get a great dragon killed - this fascinates Zoe and she embarks upon journey to find the worthy ones in the lands and suddenly comes across three characters who are working in alliance (especially mighty Lian) Lian the warrior, Hector. Hector lies to Zoe about being 'noble-knight's so to con her, in deep down they are poor orphans playing around petty dragons, while Lian is pursuing dream to capture the real on -

It is simple animation film that almost gives us an idea of what is going on around the film and what actually needs to be done; does not leave you thinking suspiciously about itsy-bitsy flaws or vacuum left behind. Characters provide fun, humor. Mesmerizing music-score in the mid of the film.
½ August 18, 2013
Un film d'animation assez amusant et graphiqument très original. Les personnages sont très attachants.
½ August 1, 2013
Chasseurs de Dragons : l'univers est sympathique, mais son potentiel est mal exploité ; dommage. De plus, le doublage français avec la voix insupportable de Patrick Timsit finit d'en clouer les planches du cercueil.
½ June 29, 2013
About as gorgeous as animation can be.. it's just absolutely stunning to watch. Considering that it was released in 2008, it holds up remarkably well.. you might say, it hasn't aged a day. I only wish it had a bit more substance to its beauty, though it makes up for it with jaw-dropping originality in its visuals. Unlike anything else you've ever seen.
½ April 10, 2013
Wonderful animation with a good story to boot.
January 10, 2013
I love the cartoon series and the movie was great... a few things missing maybe, but still great!
November 10, 2012
Oh oh oh!!! This is now my new favorite movie! The art work had me swooning, the story line had me hooked, the strange paths the movie whirlwinded down had me cocking my head going, "curiouser and curiouser..."
The music took my breath away and then gave it back to me with interest!!!
I'd love to meet the mind behind this find!
*sigh of bliss*
November 7, 2012
One of the better animated films I've seen in a while. Fun stuff!
September 1, 2012
Awesome cartoon. very well done, smart, funny and of course fantastical.
the dog rules!!!!
August 20, 2012
A kids movie about some adventurers with very little adventure, it falls short in many aspects and most of the time it seems like its missing important pieces of the story.
July 29, 2012
I Liked this one has a wonderful background scenes and the cute lil dragon kinda reminded me of Stitch lol! Good movie for any adventure lover!
July 21, 2012
I happened to catch it on TV and not knowing anything about it. While the story is far for original, it is worth a watch just for the scenes and visuals.
½ June 19, 2012
i ended up liking this france made animated flick more than some big budget ones this was animated fairly well and had some of the most beautiful to look at backgrounds ive seen in a kids movie this movie was pretty creative story wise and visual wise
April 21, 2012
This was cute and quite funny! The little girl was annoying tho!
April 21, 2012
This was cute and quite funny! The little girl was annoying tho!