Chatroom Reviews

• Aug 02, 2020

Yo why is everybody bashing this? I'm 30 min into it and I love it! So creative and like wtf are these people talking about saying it's not interesting? It's extremely unique and I'm living for this arthouse! What you mean? Aaron Taylor Johnson and Daniel Kaluuya can act their way out of a paper bag and make it interesting! This is an interesting premise with great actors!

• Dec 27, 2018

A truly awful film. 0 plot, absolutely nothing to make you feel attached to the characters, nothing that keeps you interested in the story. Unbelievably dull, a few of my friends even left before the end of the film due to how bad it was. The acting itself was fine, but the film itself was so boring you couldnâ(TM)t help but feel like you had wasted your time sitting through it.

• Nov 09, 2017

over ambitious hodgepodge

over ambitious hodgepodge

• Sep 15, 2015

the people who didnt like this movie obviously are people who if they knew what it was about first wouldnt click on it

• Sep 06, 2015

Um filme que mostra fisicamente como seriam os bate-papos na internet, e que nessas salas de conversa ocorrem de tudo, inclusive pessoas depressivas pensando em se suicidar e que outros indivíduos maliciosos acabam induzindo e instigando essas pessoas ao suicídio!

• Sep 01, 2015

I'm either a complete ignorant regarding cinema's art or have the technological savvy of a granny who stills calls a PS4 nintendo but nevertheless i found this movie to be quite appealing unlike the rest of the world. Thou I might agree that the pace and the quality of the actors was a bit over reasonable, the central theme and the conversion to the on-line world got me completely hooked. The contrast of the grey real characters into enthusiastic colorful on-line characters was to me the most interesting and subtle detail which mixed with topics as powerful as suicide and faceless manipulation made the watching of this movie quite remarkable

• Jun 27, 2015

Things have changed quite a bit since when this movie was released but it does present a good conceptual panarama of things happening in social media

• Harry W Super Reviewer
    Apr 06, 2015

Chatroom's moderately interesting premise and style is disabled incoherently from the get-go by wet performances, a desperate attempt to appeal to angsty teenagers and a genuinely appauling approach to certain social issues. Chatroom tries its best to glamorize cyber-bullying and manipulation. Aaron Taylor-Johnson's sociopathic geek is an over-troped hollywood act that has really run its course and Johnson brings little talent to the role. What's even more disappointing is that this is part of the filmography of Hideo Nakata, the obviously hit-and-miss creater of decent horror films like 2002's Dark Water and 1998's Ring.

• Mar 06, 2015

6.7/10 The quality or cinematography wasn't the best, but with some familiar faces and enough tension to keep the action going, I thought it was a pretty effective thriller for the most part in its final act. Also, the acting was mostly good, and although not a horror movie it worked well as a thriller. Moreover, I too liked the way the virtual chat room was portrayed as an actual place where they interacted. Which was quite different and added something different. ~March 6, 2015~

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Dec 13, 2014

A disastrous attempt on satirizing the chatroom culture. 5 spoiled teens met online and encourage each other to do outrageous actions. I really did not like the style the film used, also the acting was rubbish. I was practically bored to death. Michelle Fairley starred in this film, possibly the only reason why I watched it.