Check and Double Check Reviews

• Oct 25, 2015

besides blackface this has some funny bits.

besides blackface this has some funny bits.

• Sep 23, 2014

As an African-American interested in movies and movie history, I've grown past being offended by blackface and silly voices. Even though I do enjoy the comedy of Gosden and Correll, this film is not very good. The Amos 'n' Andy bits are tedious and the high-society love triangle lulls me to sleep. Both halves are crudely pasted together along with part of a Duke Ellington one-reeler.

• Sep 04, 2009

The only Amos & Andy film. It felt pieced together - like two movies were made into one. The parts without the duo are dry, basically a drama about those courting a rich young woman. But the Amos & Andy parts are down-right hilarious. They were more or less skits that were attached to main film - it never really "flowed." I really wish they would have made more films. To note, political-correctness apparently took hold even way back when and the original blackface Amos & Andy were replaced by actual Blacks with much less funny dialogue and not as good timing like these, the originators.