Checking Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Checking Out Reviews

September 18, 2014
I saw this film on tv quite many years ago. I loved it. I haven't been able to find it again. One day I will. It has this quirky jewish humour that apparently isn't for everybody. Incredibly beautiful film, but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
November 10, 2012
Peter Falk is his usual, charming self. That's about all I liked about this movie. The characters are one dimensional. The plot is weak at best. The obligatory "heartwarming" ending is beyond comprehension. This is one movie that, in my opinion, is not worth "checking out".
August 10, 2012
Was this just re-released? It was listed as 'just arrived' at the library.
½ July 7, 2010
This was a very heart warming movie, and a a pleasure to watch. It was a very moving film.
November 29, 2009
This was adorable. Loved this movie. Great story, funny and good performances.
½ June 7, 2009
A really good film, worth the watch.

Gotta love the one liners :D
½ May 26, 2009
I picked this one up right away to see Peter Falk's performance in this.I watched Neil Simmons sunshine boys I believe? and loved the sinister cynical role in the film.His rol ein movies tends to be playing pranks on the important ones in his life.I love it!
February 11, 2009
When perusing the movies to see what to rent...I came upon this delightful movie. LOVED it!!
½ September 12, 2008
Funny movie that had both charming with and silly humor. I thought the movies was set up for a different ending, but it still left me satisfied. Endearing film.
August 11, 2008
Watched it on a particularly boring day and thought it was an excellent movie.
June 10, 2008
Great indie film, superb actors for the better part. You hear about this sort of things and see it in movies occasionally, so it was interesting to see how the family members dealt with it. It was somewhat emotionally moving, made me value family more. Did it change my mind about having kids? Well before I was at a "fuck no", and now I'm probably at a solid "hell no".
May 7, 2008
i really enjoyed this - another 'feel good' movie kinda in the same vein as 'big fish' and it's great to see columbo (peter falk) excelling in the main role (and big up judge reinhold!). It is a bit slow tho and the love interest is really predictable. good fun nonetheless!
May 3, 2008
The story plays out like on stage... and has some brilliant lines.... mostly through Peter Falk, but the rest of the cast is equally clever. Choppy in some scenes and seems a bit too clean for the deep, suicide topic it covered.
½ March 17, 2008
Peter Falk is great as ever. This is not an oscar winning film but a light hearted comedy about family relationships. Worth watching
January 23, 2008
One of those great "you never heard of this" movies. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
January 1, 2008
I know the guy who directed this movie
December 31, 2007
Okay..
Want To See It..
November 7, 2007
Falk is as good as ever and the rest give it their all; you couldn't ask for a better cast, just better material.
November 4, 2007
This was a great movie/play. It had one of those endings that was so happy I cried a little bit. Enjoyed it immensely.
November 2, 2007