Cherry Tree Lane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cherry Tree Lane Reviews

½ August 20, 2016
It was hard to understand what the characters were saying, and although the more intense stuff happened until the end it was too late to make up for a frustrating beginning.
~August 20, 2016~
December 13, 2015
Like the vast majority of films that I watch, this one is well shot and acted, but has no point, no story, and no ending. I don't know what has happened to the art of filmmaking, but it's clear that most filmmakers have no interest in telling a story, or maybe no one has the ability to write a story. All they seem to want to do is make us sqirm for awhile, give us enough character development to make us want to know what happens, and then make us squirm more by having no ending. This movie is a waste of time. The one star is for technical prowess, but this does not a film make.
½ May 3, 2015
When your film is a mere 80 minutes long, don't spend the first 5 focussing on a boiling pot with no dialogue whatsoever. Jesus...
January 14, 2015
Although it is not subtle in its themes, the violence and abuse subjected to the home owners is depicted with a subtlety that does not lessen the impact. For a low-budget film this is a fine achievement.
½ July 14, 2014
It was an okay movie, everything was pretty expected and predictable. Meh.
½ September 7, 2013
An hour and 17 minutes of my life wasted.
½ August 21, 2013
Creepy little thriller,..
August 18, 2013
This movie I had to use toothpicks to hold my eyelids up. Slow moving and friggen boring. Just a complete waste of time. My husband and I actually DID fall asleep 1/2 way through. BORING! BORING! BORING! Watch Hatchet III instead.
½ August 16, 2013
A complete waste of time. Not scary, not intense, not even bloody interesting.
½ June 30, 2013
Funny Games without the tension or social critique....lame! While it is well-made, Cherry Tree Lane is a British home-invasion horror film that lacks any real teeth...
June 3, 2013
An incredibly dull British misfire.
½ June 1, 2013
Absolute load of crap. Violence with no actual story or resolution. Pointless.
May 23, 2013

I can see why people would like this movie, and why people may not like this movie. Cherry Tree Lane is a home invasion type movie that's not overly graphic or scary, I think the writers and director wanted to make it more realistic. We're never told why the kids break into the home other than that the "invaders" wanted the couples son who happens to not be home at the moment. I guess I can recommend this movie to people who are curious about it or to the people who like home invasion movies, if you dont then I would just skip.
½ May 17, 2013
I haven't seen such a pointless film.
½ April 22, 2013
I strongly advise everyone to not watch this film. From the acting to the weak plot, this film is truly abysmal. The camera work also made this film painful to watch, as I felt I needed to see more. If you like unbelievable characters and an ending that brings no conclusion; I recommend this film for you. I feel angry at anyone associated with the making of this film.
February 18, 2013
Hard to comprehend what was being said and the pace was too slow.
February 10, 2013
This was the worst movie I have EVER watched.
February 10, 2013
Highly recommended by horror site Bloody Disgusting
½ January 31, 2013
A simple night at home turns into a deadly game of survival for Christine and Michael when three of their son's low-life friends hold them hostage while waiting for him to return. Director Paul Andrew Williams of THE COTTAGE fame has digested the works of Wes Craven and Michael Haneke then placed an urban edge on them in the 2010 home invasion Horror story, CHERRY TREE LANE. A strict dichotomy is drawn between Britain's upper and lower classes, where Williams has the chance to explore the mutual exclusivity of each through the microcosm on screen. The same dark humor that we experienced in FUNNY GAMES creeps through these teens' bleak world view as well, proposing a life in which violence and crime have become accepted as a daily occurrence. Where CHERRY TREE LANE falters is in its inability to bring anything new to the table. We have seen this all before, it has simply been reprocessed to fit the current social climate that surrounds Britain's inner city youth. Williams does leave us with a brilliant closing shot, however, and one that intentionally provokes the viewer to choose between giving in to their insatiable blood lust and desire for revenge, or to maintain their last hold on civilization. CHERRY TREE LANE does show a marked improvement in style and form for the director.