Chestnut: Hero Of Central Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chestnut: Hero Of Central Park Reviews

July 13, 2014
I love this movie its cute
June 29, 2014
Cute film, but much too many cliche and illogical factors.
April 12, 2013
One of the best family movies ever.
November 4, 2012
Cute, but totally unbelievable.
June 10, 2012
Great fun this film. My daughter (just turned 6) LOVED it.WARNING though for parents who care that their young children do not watch films with violent scenes. One of the last scenes in the film shows a horrific stabbing of the dog!! Shocking, disgusting, gratuitous violence. I am offended how this scene ( in a G film. G!!!) horrified my young daughter. The Ratings Standards Agency should be ashamed. I would have given this film an 8 out of 10 if it wasn't for the violent and very unneccessary bloody scene. However, as it stands for me it would have to be 3 out of 10 at best.
June 30, 2011
My 3.5 year old daughter loves this movie. Yes a few of the scenes stretch the "limits of credibility," but this is a movie for children. This movie captured the attention of my child. She loved the humor. I enjoyed watching it with her, which is more than I can say for most kid films!
½ August 12, 2010
Super cute. Abigail is so young.
½ July 21, 2010
This is a lovely children's film about two sisters who are orphans. It does go on for a bit.
July 2, 2010
** (out of four)

Typical family friendly flick that is Too Cute For Words! And that is its problem. Every single shot and scene is set up so the audience with go: "Ahh!"

Two young orphan girls rescue a puppy from getting \hit by a truck. They hide the puppy in from the heads of the orphanage and when they are adopted they manage to hide the dog in their new apartment, even though he is quickly growing into a Great Dane.

As you might imagine: Wackiness ensues as they are nearly found out at every turn.
½ July 2, 2010
This movie can be entertaining sometimes, but that doesn't hide the unoriginality and the blandness of this movie.
May 26, 2010
the best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ January 8, 2010
the fuilm seeems to exert the fact that a dog doesn't bark when it's less than a metre away from a stranger. It seems to pull in the fact that a housekeeper is keeping secrets from the owner of a stranger in the house.
½ August 10, 2007
Cute family film, a bit obvious and highly improbable, but very enjoyable. Kids will like it, and it's harmless fun for adults. The dogs used are adorable.