Chi Yu Fungbo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chi Yu Fungbo Reviews

½ February 13, 2013
The year before Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, this won for best Action Choreography. Good direction, dated CGI and great performances. Fans of Daniel Wu, Teddy Chan and Stephen Tung Wai should be pleased.
April 17, 2011
a riveting hk action experience about combating terrorism. the story and teddy chan's direction are thankful above b- movie and the action set pieces are very exciting! as well, one of daniel wu's earlier works with a solid old school cast.
November 12, 2010
A bit different from typical HK films from the same genre; trying to make sense at the beginning. Quickly falling back to formulaic action genre from middle onwards however. Gan Kwok Leung is cool although its rather awkward seeing him acts.
July 4, 2010
A decent action movie to spend time watching over weekends. The characters in the movie are make believeable. This movie was the first action movie that Daniel Wu has taken up and it's totally good. And I personally find the connections of the character in the movie so unique in a way.

The action sequence was fast and interesting however the editing for the movie was poorly done. It seems some parts of the most interesting/informative movie was cut out. I would say it is one of the best action movie during it's times.
November 28, 2008
I feel sorry for the character Daniel Wu plays. He begins as a criminal but an accident with his head happened during the mission and he got amnesia. The CIA decided to use this to their advantage, with a little hypnotism and false memories, he will lead CIA to his crime father. However he somehow was captured by his father and memories come back bit by bit until he is confused and lost. He thought he was doing good but somehow went bad after his son was killed in a bombing. Now he must help CIA stop his father from unleashing the Purple Storm that will cost thousands of lives. The ending is a fitting one and I'm happy to have seen it.
November 13, 2008
Teddy Chans back catalogue doesn't impress much, but if Jackie Chan is your homeboy you get to direct movies anyway, see? The story is outrageous: Red Khmers with biological weapons, but there's also a certain Sturm und Drang-thing going on between Daniel Wu and Gan Kwok Leung that caught my interest. A mad waste of talent of course to cast character actor Joan Chen as rogue psychologist, but it also kinda makes me happy to see her slumming like this from time to time. Josie Ho, on the other hand, should definitely do more of these actionflicks. She got moves.
February 16, 2008
A very rare topic. There is only a few movies related to Khmer Rouge terrorist. The performance of Kwok-Leung Gan is unexpected good in this movie.
½ December 5, 2007
did i only watch the ending scene? well i don't remember the story but it's not appealing and kinda scary.
October 10, 2007
All I remember was the scary song that was played over and over again. This movie was testing my ability to stay awake under hypnosis
August 16, 2007
best hongkong action film i've ever seen with a touching story
August 12, 2007
Above average martial arts thriller.
July 21, 2007
Enjoyably silly Hong Kong action flick
June 21, 2007
Great stuff, Daniel Wu should star in more films
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this