Chicago Cab (1998) - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicago Cab (1998)

TOMATOMETER

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Chicago Cab Videos

Chicago Cab Photos

Movie Info

This film is about a rare windy-city cab driver who will go anywhere and do just about anything to please his customers. Out of the two-dozen customers that he runs into, he becomes frustrated that he cannot seem to connect with any of them intimately.
Rating:
R (adult situations/language, violence)
Genre:

Reggie Hayes
as Architect
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Chicago Cab

All Critics (8) | Top Critics (1)

The various passengers (played by John Cusack, Julianne Moore and Laurie Metcalf) highlight the funny, scary, and dreary moments that define a typical work day of a Chicago cab driver.

Full Review… | May 31, 2006
EmanuelLevy.Com

Running on a flat-tyre throughout.....a trip to the dentist would be more exciting

March 31, 2005
Moviehole

...pretty much pointless.

Full Review… | August 1, 2003
Reel Film Reviews

Audience Reviews for Chicago Cab

½

If you're into "day in the life" movies like CLERKS, then you'd probably get a kick out of this one. It's a "day in the life of a Chicago cabbie." There are some interesting characters he meets along his shift. Very quirky and worth checking out.

Brad Reiter
Brad Reiter
½

Though not the most enthralling premise for a movie - day in the life of a Chicago cab driver, I kind of liked this slight film. I have to admit, 30 minutes in, I was really not feeling it, and had started to write a so-so review as I watched, but slowly but surely this one grew on me. The 90's setting and soundtrack fit and the quality of the passengers improve as the movie goes on. John C Reilly particularly is a real douche here and, as I only know him from newer movies, it was strange to see him so much younger. I also found the brief Laurie Metcalf scene amusing and the cougar lawyer as pitiful as it was amusing. The Gillian Anderson scene is underwhelming and John Cusack strangely menacing. I really don't think I would like this guys job! As it is set around Christmas time, not a bad movie for that time of year. Worth a look.

Nicki Marie
Nicki Marie

A brilliantly funny and moving film about a day in the life of a Chicago cabbie during the Christmas season.

Brian McGuire
Brian McGuire

Chicago Cab Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Chicago Cab on our Movie forum!

News & Features