Chicken Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicken Run Reviews

½ April 3, 2017
Very good parody of the Great Escape. Would love to see that again now. The claymation boggles the mind. Kind of interesting to have a female hero and a female villain. Do you ever see that?
½ March 14, 2017
The story and idea is pretty basic and pretty predictable. With that said however, what makes this enjoyable is the charm that this movie has. It has this distinct, fun feel to it. While I this is not the best film from Nick Park, it's still charming, the characters (especially the villains) are memorable, the slapstick is great, and it has a lot of funny moments.
January 29, 2017
Chickens are inherently funny, like nature's idea of a very practical joke. Park and Lord have just improved the old rubber chicken gag, making it movable, turning it into something closer to who we are and what we know as humans.
½ January 21, 2017
One of the strangest animated movies I think I've ever seen, but I liked it a lot when I was younger. Very unique! (First viewing - Teen years)
½ November 29, 2016
Chicken Run is probably one of the first kids film I've seen when I was young l. So coming back to it made me feel like a little kid again, and I still enjoyed it very much, although not as excellent as I thought was going to be. I'm glad to see that while this is actually the first stop-motion movie. Aardman Studios still put a lot of effort of making the animation work while putting in a good story too that would entertain both adults and kids. The cast is pretty unknown to people who don't watch British movies or TV shows except for Mel Gibson who I still have a hard time believing that it's even him as he doesn't sound like his usual self which is really good, and the slapstick is pretty funny. A few jokes are not as funny as I thought, and it was a bit predictable. It has the liar reveal cliche which Doug Walker hates, but from my opinion , it doesn't really last that long and it's a bit more tamed than Rango. The climax is entertaining to watch, and the action is really good. The characters are good, and he soundtrack by Harry-Gregson Williams and John Powell is very catchy that reminds me of Wallace and Gromit, but does it's own thing. Chicken Run is a very entertaining movie that shows that stop-motion can lead to great movies too.
½ November 24, 2016
An exhilarating stop-motion animation that is not only impressively well made and visually spectacular but above all else should be proud of its delicious story full of adorable characters, hilarious dialogue and amazing action scenes, making for so much fun.
November 10, 2016
Easily the best claymation move ever made. Everything from the story to the voice work to the jokes to the claymation is tweaked to perfection.
½ October 28, 2016
Aardman really makes the best stop motion films, and Chicken Run is a good example.
October 21, 2016
A noticeably forgotten and dark little gem of Animation which is both, hilarous, emotional and epic. Why don't all movies make something good in the vein of Chicken Run nowadays? Either that or make it like Zootopia and again, this little amazing gem. Man did this movie make me miss a time where I use to be obsessed with this film. Ah Nostalgia
October 18, 2016
This takes a little while to find it's feet, all the 'Great Escape' gags feel a little try-hard and stop the narrative from findings it's own way. Once we get to the second half though with a more traditional Wallace & Gromit setup of a Chicken Pie machine peril and some really funny chase sequences it really takes fly though. Real fun and some great slapstick, my 3 year old absolutely loved it and would happily have watched it again immediately afterwards!
October 16, 2016
This was one of my favourite movies growing up and it is still one of my favourite movies. Off the top of my head, this is my favourite animated movie. The only other film I can think of that might challenge that title is anyone of the Toy Story films, but either way, this is a great movie. Not only is the story so simple yet strong, but all the characters have their own distinct personalities and you remember all of them. With a great group of characters that work well off each other, you get great jokes and the intense moments become more intense because you care about these chickens. I also love the allegory of the Nazi Death Camp situation during World War II. This really doesn't feel like a normal farm. It really does feel like a death camp. All the chickens sleep in depressing huts and the owners are just oozing with evil. Lastly, the animation is superb! It's hard to imagine all the work that went into making all these characters come to life. Chicken Run tells a simple story but it tells it so well. All the jokes work, the intense moments are awesome, the characters are all likable, the score is epic, and this is a fantastic film!
½ October 5, 2016
I do love the stop motion films this being one of the best.
October 4, 2016
Absolutely hilarious
½ September 18, 2016
"The Great Escape" with clay chickens? What is there not to love?
September 3, 2016
perfect stop-motion, personally I love this movie and the soundtrack
It is one of the best I 've heard..!! I still watching in 2016..!!
½ August 28, 2016
My least favorite of the recent claymation movies - Wallace & Gromit is the one to see
½ August 12, 2016
72% Chicken Run has something for everybody to enjoy and boasts plenty of entertaining slapstick and action sequences, which is enough to overcome the uneven transitions between comedy and drama.
August 10, 2016
Sometimes, unfairly seen as just aardman's warm up for the plasticene duo's feature length outing great though it is and overlooked by pixar's victory lap during the early 2000's chicken run is still a landmark in British film and animation. Nick park and peter lord have lost none of their skill in the transition to features with some brilliant jibes at society ("land of the brave and home of the free" "Scotland!" "No America") and the great escape parody. But it's also surprisingly compelling for a film about chickens while Park does what made the duo so popular, keeping it british. Aardman work a great deal longer for so much less reward than pixar which sometimes makes them feel like the underdogs of animation. But mabey that's whats so likable about them. Their very much like their characters, little guys in a big scary world that get their in the end with a lot of work and a lot of brains. Mary that's why we root for them in the same way.
August 3, 2016
This charming film runs true to the clever and fun writing associated with Wallace & Gromit, along with the talented execution of claymation at its best. So fun and enjoyable at any age, especially if you're "on a Holiday."