Chicken Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicken Run Reviews

½ December 9, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Chicken Run puede ser profunda y épica a la vez; con singulares personajes que encarnan los deseos humanos más íntimos y sinceros como la libertad, la autosuperación y la lucha contra la opresión.
October 29, 2017
This film is pure genius. Great watch for all ages and on Netflix which is handy. Who would have imagined that chickens were hell bent on escaping?
½ October 19, 2017
I like this film. Seen it three times now over the years. Good story, very funny. Silly animation. Flying to escape is my cup of tea.
½ July 31, 2017
Man, oh, man. Stop-Motion animation is so brilliant and amazing I could even think about look back the characters made of clay The british company that brought you Wallace and Gromit, comes an animated, well stop-motion animated movie called Chicken Run. Great animation all the way through. I wish they'll make more movies like this. Many people love to see a movie that is made of clay, (I almost said play-dough) from Aardman. Even what I think, the characters are likeable. There's Ginger is the lady chicken who wants to get their fellows chickens out from Mr and Mrs Tweedy's demise. There's Rocky Rhodes who is from America who escaped from circus and yes, I know that and guessed it, Mel Gibson is the voice of Rocky Rhodes. It's like he voiced John Smith from Pocahontas and now he voiced Rocky in this. He amazing is this playing Rocky Rhodes. He's funny and brilliant and I love him as an actor. And all the cast and characters are fabulous. Miranda Richardson from The Crying Game and Timothy Spall and all the british cast. If I wanted to see John Smith and Rocky Rhodes voiced by Me Gibson in all of his films like the Lethal Weapon quadrilogy, Mad Max trilogy, Braveheart, Bird on a Wire and many more, I would be impressed. Even though the characters are funny like Mr and Mrs Tweedy and two rats, Nick and Fetcher. The jokes are funny like Nick and Fetcher saying: ''The exits are located here and here. In the quite likely event of an emergency, put your head between your knees...'' ''and kiss your bum goodbye.'' There's are many jokes in this I can understand. Fowler is a funny chicken it's because of his voice. Chicken Run is an underrated film for everyone who likes chickens. Hmhm? Thank you. So if you like eating chicken and chicken pie's, just let remind you, chickens go in, pie's come out. Don't go eating them when they're alive. That would be animal cruelty. The voice acting is fabulous especially from Mel Gibson.
July 22, 2017
It's not as great as the critics make it out to be, but it was OK. I will admit that the movie did have its moments where it made me laugh, especially with the main villains Mr. and Mrs. Tweedy, the stop-motion animation is top-notch, and I like some of the characters, but what keeps it away from being a good movie is that the plot leans over into the territory of predictability, meaning that there is a huge lack of any real surprises in the movie. For example, the conflict between Ginger and Rocky where they start off hating each other, you know how it's going to end, which I wouldn't mind it being predictable if I cared about these characters, but I really don't. I thought Ginger was a great character, but Rocky? Not so much, and I just don't think I can feel for the relationship between the two of them when I care about one, but not the other. Overall, not a bad movie, but it's not as great as the other films put out by Aardman. It's just passable.
July 20, 2017
Chicken Run is the first of many delightful masterstrokes from the genii at Aardman Studios; a perfect children's film. In fact, it's wonderful entertainment for children & adults alike. A golden script incorporates delightful wit and hilarious slapstick. Chicken Run (as all great family films do) challenges its audience. Its keen observations of both human and animal nature provoke reflection. The predicament that the lovable characters battle in Chicken Run makes for an absorbing spectacle. The animation is, of course, exemplary. Chicken Run's ingenuity sets it apart. The motivations behind action make said action riveting. Fantastic voice acting brings the story alive. Chicken Run is perfectly paced, allowing optimal emotional investment in characters before action really gets going. It's all so well thought through. I'd be delighted to battle anyone who claims Chicken Run doesn't belong with the classics.
July 9, 2017
A true cinematic masterpiece, Chicken Run reveals the shocking truth of what really occurs behind the walls of factory farms. Brutally honest and carefully crafted, this documentary has all the potential to change the way Americans raise livestock forever.
June 22, 2017
Chicken Run:

Pros:
- Great Animation

- Very Funny Jokes (mostly from the great use of comedic timing, visual gags, and slapstick)

- Amazing Voice Acting

- Unique Storytelling

- Fun Climax

- Characters that range from funny to charming

- Hilarious Script

- Brilliantly Paced

- Highly Rewatchable

- Fantastic Execution

Cons:
- No Cons

Overall: A+ (10/10)
June 20, 2017
Fantastic! The story, animation, humor, and characters are all unforgettable and top-notch.
½ April 3, 2017
Very good parody of the Great Escape. Would love to see that again now. The claymation boggles the mind. Kind of interesting to have a female hero and a female villain. Do you ever see that?
½ March 14, 2017
The story and idea is pretty basic and pretty predictable. With that said however, what makes this enjoyable is the charm that this movie has. It has this distinct, fun feel to it. While I this is not the best film from Nick Park, it's still charming, the characters (especially the villains) are memorable, the slapstick is great, and it has a lot of funny moments.
January 29, 2017
Chickens are inherently funny, like nature's idea of a very practical joke. Park and Lord have just improved the old rubber chicken gag, making it movable, turning it into something closer to who we are and what we know as humans.
½ January 21, 2017
One of the strangest animated movies I think I've ever seen, but I liked it a lot when I was younger. Very unique! (First viewing - Teen years)
½ November 29, 2016
Chicken Run is probably one of the first kids film I've seen when I was young l. So coming back to it made me feel like a little kid again, and I still enjoyed it very much, although not as excellent as I thought was going to be. I'm glad to see that while this is actually the first stop-motion movie. Aardman Studios still put a lot of effort of making the animation work while putting in a good story too that would entertain both adults and kids. The cast is pretty unknown to people who don't watch British movies or TV shows except for Mel Gibson who I still have a hard time believing that it's even him as he doesn't sound like his usual self which is really good, and the slapstick is pretty funny. A few jokes are not as funny as I thought, and it was a bit predictable. It has the liar reveal cliche which Doug Walker hates, but from my opinion , it doesn't really last that long and it's a bit more tamed than Rango. The climax is entertaining to watch, and the action is really good. The characters are good, and he soundtrack by Harry-Gregson Williams and John Powell is very catchy that reminds me of Wallace and Gromit, but does it's own thing. Chicken Run is a very entertaining movie that shows that stop-motion can lead to great movies too.
½ November 24, 2016
An exhilarating stop-motion animation that is not only impressively well made and visually spectacular but above all else should be proud of its delicious story full of adorable characters, hilarious dialogue and amazing action scenes, making for so much fun.
November 10, 2016
Easily the best claymation move ever made. Everything from the story to the voice work to the jokes to the claymation is tweaked to perfection.
½ October 28, 2016
Aardman really makes the best stop motion films, and Chicken Run is a good example.
October 21, 2016
A noticeably forgotten and dark little gem of Animation which is both, hilarous, emotional and epic. Why don't all movies make something good in the vein of Chicken Run nowadays? Either that or make it like Zootopia and again, this little amazing gem. Man did this movie make me miss a time where I use to be obsessed with this film. Ah Nostalgia
October 18, 2016
This takes a little while to find it's feet, all the 'Great Escape' gags feel a little try-hard and stop the narrative from findings it's own way. Once we get to the second half though with a more traditional Wallace & Gromit setup of a Chicken Pie machine peril and some really funny chase sequences it really takes fly though. Real fun and some great slapstick, my 3 year old absolutely loved it and would happily have watched it again immediately afterwards!