Chicken Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicken Run Reviews

½ September 18, 2016
"The Great Escape" with clay chickens? What is there not to love?
September 3, 2016
perfect stop-motion, personally I love this movie and the soundtrack
It is one of the best I 've heard..!! I still watching in 2016..!!
½ August 28, 2016
My least favorite of the recent claymation movies - Wallace & Gromit is the one to see
½ August 12, 2016
72% Chicken Run has something for everybody to enjoy and boasts plenty of entertaining slapstick and action sequences, which is enough to overcome the uneven transitions between comedy and drama.
August 10, 2016
Sometimes, unfairly seen as just aardman's warm up for the plasticene duo's feature length outing great though it is and overlooked by pixar's victory lap during the early 2000's chicken run is still a landmark in British film and animation. Nick park and peter lord have lost none of their skill in the transition to features with some brilliant jibes at society ("land of the brave and home of the free" "Scotland!" "No America") and the great escape parody. But it's also surprisingly compelling for a film about chickens while Park does what made the duo so popular, keeping it british. Aardman work a great deal longer for so much less reward than pixar which sometimes makes them feel like the underdogs of animation. But mabey that's whats so likable about them. Their very much like their characters, little guys in a big scary world that get their in the end with a lot of work and a lot of brains. Mary that's why we root for them in the same way.
August 3, 2016
This charming film runs true to the clever and fun writing associated with Wallace & Gromit, along with the talented execution of claymation at its best. So fun and enjoyable at any age, especially if you're "on a Holiday."
½ July 5, 2016
very clever and funny
½ June 21, 2016
Funny, exciting, full of great ideas and very well directed, Chicken Run is an awesome family movie and one of Dreamworks finest films
June 15, 2016
Fine British claymation film about a group of chickens hellbent on escaping their chicken farm, despite the difficulties of doing so. They find a hero when a flying rooster crashes into the farm, and believe he can teach them to fly...but he may not have all the answers they think he does. They must race against the clock when the owners of the farm decide to switch from farming their eggs to just killing the chickens and turning them into pies. The film comes from the same people who made "Wallace and Gromit" and just like that, it is charming fun.
½ June 8, 2016
It's good...just not 97% on rotten tomatoes good
May 12, 2016
Very cute & enjoyable to watch. My 5 & 6 yr old love it. A funny way to look at life through a chickens eyes/fears (not really, but just think, what if? hahaha)
½ April 28, 2016
This movie is the first movie I remember seeing as a child. I remember my three-year-old self loathing it with every cell in my small body. I was traumatized. I haven't seen the film since that time, but it had such a strong negative impact on me, I couldn't help but be shocked and disgusted at the high rating it has. I wish those stupid ugly chickens were all turned into pies.
April 21, 2016
Certainly one of the great pinnacles of animation and certainly clay animation, not to mention one of the best family films of the 21st century. Truly a fantastic watch.
½ April 8, 2016
A guilty pleasure for me personally, as I love both 'The Great Escape' and most of the works I have seen, over the years, from this rightfully-esteemed British animation company. Highly recommended both for children and for adults who enjoy animation.
½ April 2, 2016
I had great reservations seeing this, as I loved the Aardman shorts so much with Wallace and Gromit. And anything without them, AND starring Mel Gibson, seemed like sacriledge.
And you know what? I was right. I mean this movie is okay, it certainly is amusing, and the story about some chickens trying to get away from a chicken farm has lots of originality to it. I don't know, I guess I'm just spoiled.
½ March 16, 2016
Solid stop motion animation, comic timing and storytelling.
March 5, 2016
Fantastic clay anime!
February 13, 2016
Absolutely hilarious. ???
February 12, 2016
"Chicken Run" is an unusually smart animated movie that has tons of humor and delightful thrills. It's very unique when it comes to both style and substance which is why it is such a treat for young and old audiences alike.
January 30, 2016
Who would've thought a movie about a bunch of chickens trying to escape a farm would be so enjoyable & become the highest grossing stop-motion film on the planet?! It's unique, clever & hilarious with golden British comedy & admirable animation that looks great even 15yrs later. This movie put stop-motion clay animation on the map for many people & proved that not everything needs to be shiny computer graphics to be entertaining. It's a shame it never got a follow-up film.