Chicken Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicken Run Reviews

October 18, 2016
This takes a little while to find it's feet, all the 'Great Escape' gags feel a little try-hard and stop the narrative from findings it's own way. Once we get to the second half though with a more traditional Wallace & Gromit setup of a Chicken Pie machine peril and some really funny chase sequences it really takes fly though. Real fun and some great slapstick, my 3 year old absolutely loved it and would happily have watched it again immediately afterwards!
October 16, 2016
This was one of my favourite movies growing up and it is still one of my favourite movies. Off the top of my head, this is my favourite animated movie. The only other film I can think of that might challenge that title is anyone of the Toy Story films, but either way, this is a great movie. Not only is the story so simple yet strong, but all the characters have their own distinct personalities and you remember all of them. With a great group of characters that work well off each other, you get great jokes and the intense moments become more intense because you care about these chickens. I also love the allegory of the Nazi Death Camp situation during World War II. This really doesn't feel like a normal farm. It really does feel like a death camp. All the chickens sleep in depressing huts and the owners are just oozing with evil. Lastly, the animation is superb! It's hard to imagine all the work that went into making all these characters come to life. Chicken Run tells a simple story but it tells it so well. All the jokes work, the intense moments are awesome, the characters are all likable, the score is epic, and this is a fantastic film!
½ October 5, 2016
I do love the stop motion films this being one of the best.
October 4, 2016
Absolutely hilarious
½ September 18, 2016
"The Great Escape" with clay chickens? What is there not to love?
September 3, 2016
perfect stop-motion, personally I love this movie and the soundtrack
It is one of the best I 've heard..!! I still watching in 2016..!!
½ August 28, 2016
My least favorite of the recent claymation movies - Wallace & Gromit is the one to see
½ August 12, 2016
72% Chicken Run has something for everybody to enjoy and boasts plenty of entertaining slapstick and action sequences, which is enough to overcome the uneven transitions between comedy and drama.
August 10, 2016
Sometimes, unfairly seen as just aardman's warm up for the plasticene duo's feature length outing great though it is and overlooked by pixar's victory lap during the early 2000's chicken run is still a landmark in British film and animation. Nick park and peter lord have lost none of their skill in the transition to features with some brilliant jibes at society ("land of the brave and home of the free" "Scotland!" "No America") and the great escape parody. But it's also surprisingly compelling for a film about chickens while Park does what made the duo so popular, keeping it british. Aardman work a great deal longer for so much less reward than pixar which sometimes makes them feel like the underdogs of animation. But mabey that's whats so likable about them. Their very much like their characters, little guys in a big scary world that get their in the end with a lot of work and a lot of brains. Mary that's why we root for them in the same way.
August 3, 2016
This charming film runs true to the clever and fun writing associated with Wallace & Gromit, along with the talented execution of claymation at its best. So fun and enjoyable at any age, especially if you're "on a Holiday."
½ July 5, 2016
very clever and funny
½ June 21, 2016
Funny, exciting, full of great ideas and very well directed, Chicken Run is an awesome family movie and one of Dreamworks finest films
June 15, 2016
Fine British claymation film about a group of chickens hellbent on escaping their chicken farm, despite the difficulties of doing so. They find a hero when a flying rooster crashes into the farm, and believe he can teach them to fly...but he may not have all the answers they think he does. They must race against the clock when the owners of the farm decide to switch from farming their eggs to just killing the chickens and turning them into pies. The film comes from the same people who made "Wallace and Gromit" and just like that, it is charming fun.
½ June 8, 2016
It's good...just not 97% on rotten tomatoes good
May 12, 2016
Very cute & enjoyable to watch. My 5 & 6 yr old love it. A funny way to look at life through a chickens eyes/fears (not really, but just think, what if? hahaha)
½ April 28, 2016
This movie is the first movie I remember seeing as a child. I remember my three-year-old self loathing it with every cell in my small body. I was traumatized. I haven't seen the film since that time, but it had such a strong negative impact on me, I couldn't help but be shocked and disgusted at the high rating it has. I wish those stupid ugly chickens were all turned into pies.
April 21, 2016
Certainly one of the great pinnacles of animation and certainly clay animation, not to mention one of the best family films of the 21st century. Truly a fantastic watch.
½ April 8, 2016
A guilty pleasure for me personally, as I love both 'The Great Escape' and most of the works I have seen, over the years, from this rightfully-esteemed British animation company. Highly recommended both for children and for adults who enjoy animation.
½ April 2, 2016
I had great reservations seeing this, as I loved the Aardman shorts so much with Wallace and Gromit. And anything without them, AND starring Mel Gibson, seemed like sacriledge.
And you know what? I was right. I mean this movie is okay, it certainly is amusing, and the story about some chickens trying to get away from a chicken farm has lots of originality to it. I don't know, I guess I'm just spoiled.
½ March 16, 2016
Solid stop motion animation, comic timing and storytelling.