Reviews

• Jul 29, 2021

The Daughter: "Maybe it's time we put Þorgeir in a home." The Husband: "You already put him in a home." The Granddaughter: "Maybe it's time we put him in one where he can't get out."

• Nov 03, 2020

While Children of Nature is grounded in reality in its sad, honest depiction of the difficulties of old age, it is also a film that incorporates some truly mesmerizing magical realist scenes that all feature stunning imagery. Couple that with a strong sense of nostalgia, truly artistic cinematography (Iceland has never looked more authentic) and an otherworldly, unforgettable score and you've got here one of the best hidden gems of cinema, a movie that is both spiritual and enchanting while also incorporating some of the best directing and editing that I have ever seen. It's an undisputed masterpiece and a lyrical work of art that needs so much more attention from cinephiles.

• Feb 22, 2009

Excellent film about Old folks running away on a road trip across Iceland. Gorgeous, touching and all to a wonderful score by Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson.