Children of the Living Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of the Living Dead Reviews

April 24, 2016
A movie so bad it's good!
½ January 19, 2014
I bought this from my local dvd shop thinking that it would be a badly shot, terribly written, appallingly acted, gory, cult indie zombie film and thats exactly what it was, just plain awful.
½ January 5, 2014
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
½ December 5, 2012
Another failed attempt by John Russo to destroy Romero's legacy.
October 19, 2012
Oh my sweet Jesus! What an awful movie! I actually felt my IQ dropping as this movie went along. Please, please please do not watch this movie!
August 15, 2012
I'm watching it right now as background noise and I'd rather be watching Rebecca Friday music video.
½ July 17, 2012
Apparently a sequel to Night of the Living Dead by the guy who added new scenes to it, yet only the first few minutes actually seem like a sequel. After everybody killed the zombies in one county (besides one) the world seemed to have forgot it ever happened. For some reason the zombie that was left never did anything for years then started a small outbreak again. Even worst is that this zombie makes a horrible screeching sound. This film is no where like the orignal NOTLD and isn't a very good zombie film on it's own. The characters are bad, the time ellipses come out of nowhere, and the dialog was plain awful. It's a disgraceful sequel that takes Romero's zombies into the wrong direction. Plus, who thought it was a good idea that a murderer turned zombie would be more powerful than a regular zombie? There are so many things wrong with this film, but it has it's entertaining moments.
½ June 13, 2012
Seriously, what did you expect?
February 12, 2012
A complete piece of crap - bad script, bad directing, average FX and the acting is worse than Twilight. Brutal.
January 15, 2012
Oh my gosh! Abbot Hayes is so scary!
½ December 29, 2011
The bottom of the barrel for zombie films. So bad I almost couldn't make it through. The first 10 minutes is passable, then just plummets into the abyss. This one was below even Tom Savini, and I say that with all due respect.
December 8, 2011
½ July 23, 2011
Considered by "many" to be the "Plan 9" of our times and even to be worse than Troll 2.
Well... It's sadly not as entartaining as both Plan 9 or Troll 2, but on the other hand it's certainly not the worst horror-flick out there (just saw Killjoy... 10 times worse).
It's just pretty boring and as a sequel to the "... of the Living Dead"-films, it fails misserably. Although original NOTLD-producerer Russo is behind this one, it's amateurish and the acting, writing and direction is lacking, to say the least. The dubbing even worse...
To make things worse the writer/producer Karen Wolff hijacked the movie (according to the director) and re-edited the director's cut and sadly that's the only version you'll find. According to the director his version was still pretty bad (due to trouble on the set) but had a lot more action and a lot less tiresome dialogue and no terrible dubbing.
Children is pretty lousy but still... you could do a lot worse.
½ May 24, 2011
wow... all I can say is wow, what a horrible, horrible, horrible zombie film this was. Its not as bad as Uwe Boll's "House of The Dead" or "Day of The Dead 2" or The "Day of the dead remake"... but its close! its the kind of movie you just want to shut off the moment you start the movie. Normally I don't mind cheap, but the cheapness of this movie was so embarassing, the zombie effects were terrible, the action sequences were poorly staged, and the acting was... well bad, even Tom Savini--Sex Pistol in "From Dusk Till Dawn" and The Creep from "Creepshow 2" were expecptions, but he didn't help much. Stay away from this movie by all means.
½ October 7, 2010
Watch the first five or so minutes of this one...then shut it off. Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a favor. Awful.
½ October 2, 2010
The bottom of the barrel for zombie films. So bad I almost couldn't make it through. The first 10 minutes is passable, then just plumets into the abyss. This one was below even Tom Savini, and I say that with all due respect.
August 26, 2010
The best movie ever!! Beats plan 9 from outer space!!! Zero continuity, a blue filter! Recycled scenes!! Brilliant!!
August 11, 2010
very average and not a very good plot although savini is in it so it is worth a watch