Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest Reviews

October 21, 2016
Has some really absurd moments, but is interesting.
½ October 15, 2016
really boring no good story but nice gore
½ October 3, 2016
Well it's definitely better than the last one but not sure if that's saying much! I am somewhat fond of it due to childhood memories of watching it, in particular the scene that looks like a Barbie doll fighting a graboid from Tremors!
August 7, 2016
After two very disappointing COTC movies, I wasn't putting much hope for this one. But lo and behold, this one is REALLY entertaining, probably for all the wrong reasons. Sure the acting is bad, the story doesn't really make a lot of sense, but man oh man, they make up for it in other departments. A surprisingly high body count, some really surprising (and very gory) kills, and a general overall nastiness had me enjoying this tremendously. Plus that ending, when it all in a turns into a 1950s schlock monster movie! Amazing!
August 5, 2016
It's stupid, but so was the original; and with far more creatively gory bits I'll take this one any day
November 12, 2015
Terrible, terrible movie, with little going for it. The FX are bad, the acting is bad, and the story is bad. One of the problems is that the boy who's suppose to be the evil preacher kid, is just too unconvincing. I just can't buy into him, even when he's trying to be evil. He's just not creepy enough to be effective. Really if all you want is gore, skip to the last 10-15 minutes, because that's when the gore starts. The finally reminds of the end of the Thing, mixes with the bar scene from Hellraiser 3, with Leprechaun in the Hood thrown in. This movie should just be avoided. Find something else to watch with your 90 minutes of spare time.
½ July 4, 2015
Continues the drop-off. Two Amish kids from Gatlin are adopted to live in Chicago. While Joshua seems to adjust, the younger Eli preaches of 'He Who Walks Between The Rows' to inner-city youths who may have never seen a cornfield. Another dime-a-dozen franchise sequel during the video boom.
½ April 28, 2015
Most older horror movie series start off strong and then the numerous sequels all suck. This third installment in the Children of the Corn series managed to be better then the original and stand alone as a good, fun horror movie. The film was very well paced with every scene having meaning and it seemed like something thrilling or scary happened every 5 minutes. The tone of the film was very sinister and dark and there were a lot of brutal deaths. The young kid who played the lead was really good and downright creepy at times. The final sequence was gripping and intense and although slightly hooky with funny special effects, it still managed to be fun. I was impressed overall with this film and if your looking for an old school type horror flick with pizzaz, you could do a lot worse then Urban Harvest.
September 16, 2014
Rotten to the core, Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest is festering garbage. Fundamentally flawed, the film tries to completely rework the series mythology while also keeping to the core themes. But it just ends up being a mess of half-baked ideas that don't work together; especially the switch to an urban Chicago setting. And the acting is atrocious, yet not nearly as awful as the special effects (which are cartoonishly bad). Attempting to rebrand the series as slasher horror, Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest betrays He Who Walks Behind the Rows.
½ September 1, 2014
There seem to be a lack of adults left in Gatling, so 2 orphans are transplanted to a foster home in Chicago. Corn in the hood as it were.
Daniel Cerny's Eli is quite the little shit and the whole creepy evil kid vibe plays well for a bit. Of course the story is preposterous as is the geography and the 5 rows of corn in a yard that people keep getting lost in.
Some Hellraiser-esque comedy deaths almost up this to a so bad it's good film, but then along comes the 'final level boss' which just leaves you wondering what the hell it is. Laughably bad, but still bad.
August 29, 2014
Not a great movie by any stretch, but I love the special effects by Screaming Mad George.
½ August 14, 2014
Seriously, you should have stopped after the first one.
July 21, 2014
Decent concept ( as far as horror sequels go) is ultimately done in by the cheapest of special effects. A character, attacked by the corn monster, is clearly a dressed up Barbie doll during the big climax. I'm not kidding.
½ May 4, 2014
Get rid of the absurd final 15 minutes and Children of the Corn 3 is watchable enough (think along the lines of those old midnight flicks they used to show on Saturday nights on FOX) but the final scene is so preposterous and fake that it makes the whole experience laughable.
½ April 6, 2014
It features a decent creepy storyline but it lacks in acting. The ending sucks....
½ March 5, 2014
Terrible. No other word to describe it. Just... terrible.
½ February 16, 2014
This movie was a joke. I don't understand how anyone could ever do something this lame. I wanted to stop in the middle but I didn't and that was a tremendous mistake. I didn't stop because I thought it couldn't get any worse, well I was obvioulsy wrong. Horrible sound effects, awful visual effects. The scenario and the characters were just as lame. A complete waste of time.
½ October 24, 2013
This was not a terrible Children Of The Corn Sequel and for a direct to video 90's could do alot worse. This also has the creepy demon kid from Demonic Toys as the Issac type character from the original.
September 3, 2013
Basically a ghetto pseudo-prequel/sequel to the original. Bad acting, doesn't link to its two predecessors
September 1, 2013
The Children of the Corn franchise had started to become very over the top by this point, although that does result in some humour and actually provokes the odd well placed laugh. This may well be the most entertaining entry in the canon so far. Still, that's hardly high praise because overall it is still nonsense.