Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering Reviews

August 28, 2012
Despite being the fourth installment in a far from perfect saga, COTC: The Gathering manages to be creepy and gory bringing a new twist to an old story.
½ August 7, 2012
"We bring Him our flesh."-The Children

The children have a fever and it has nothing to do with cow bell. At least they're back in the boonies.

The only other pull this movie has is Watts (with a horrible wardrobe) and Karen Black's crazy ass.
½ July 20, 2012
Oh gosh, haven't we seen enough of scary children already? Totally unecessary, the actors were pretty much reading lines, especially the children, weren't scary at all. Naomi didn't really do much in this film, aside from being tortured by Greg Spence.
½ June 12, 2012
I watched the entire movie with my brain off (at least that's what it felt like). I love Naomi Watts, but this movie was horrible. I did enjoy some of the violence and blood, but the editing was shoddy and the film looked like its budget. Some scenes serve no purpose at all (half the running time is probably in dream sequences that result in jump scares) and much of it felt unneeded (okay, yes, I get that it's the fourth installment of movies that are unneeded to begin with). I didn't "hate" the movie though. I like bad horror movies. This one is watchable and not too dull, so possibly worth a look if you like this sort of stuff.
April 5, 2012
These little movies gave me some fucked up dreams.
April 2, 2012
Another stupid sequel.
½ December 20, 2011
the masters of horror
December 10, 2011
More creepy children in the corn, pass.
½ December 1, 2011
Z pohledu hororov├ (C)ho fanou┼íka jednozna─?n├ (C) zlep┼íen├ş oproti tragick├ 1/2m d├şl┼»m 2 a 3, p┼(TM)edev┼í├şm v oblasti funny gore sc├ (C)n.Plusov├ (C) body d├ív├ím i za Naomi Watts, ale t├şm z├írove┼ kon─?├şm.Podobn├ (C) filmy si schov├ív├ím do ┼íupl├şku pro p┼(TM)├şpad, ┼ 3/4e nem┼»┼ 3/4u usnout...
October 23, 2011
Perhaps most notable for featuring Naomi Watts in an early role, Children of the Corn 4 is a mostly forgettable entry in the series in which "He Who Walks Behind the Rows" develops into some sort of virus that spreads through the town. Entertaining and gory, but mostly crappy, Children of the Corn 4 is less memorable than the previous films.
TheDudeLebowski65
October 21, 2011
Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering continues the gore factor established in the third film, and brings a whole new level of horrifying carnage to the screen. This fourth entry is a fun, well conceived film that gorehounds will mostly enjoy. There are effective horror elements at work here to create a pleasant treat for Children of the Corn fans. The cast is comprised of Naomi Watts and Karen Black, to name a few. The film has an interesting story, and plenty of violence and gore to satisfy the most diehard horror fan. Sure, the film could be better, but considering that this is a fourth entry, the film is pretty good. Director Greg Spence delivers a horror film that is lots of fun, entertaining and never boring. Sure the film has its flaws, but for what it is, it's a good fourth film in the Children of the Corn series, and it manages to be a good little horror gem. Thought at times the film can be a tad predictable, this entry is worth watching and is lots of fun for horror fans, and it definitely delivers a fun, entertaining horror viewing experience. As far as sequels are concerned, this one has enough thrills going for it to make it an interesting watch. Children of the Corn fans won't be disappointed and though it lacks in some place, it more than makes up for it with the gore factor, which in the end is what makes this film a must see for horror fans.
October 11, 2011
Not much in commen with the first film, other then kids killing adults.
October 3, 2011
Not sure why there was a need for any of these sequels..the only redeeming elements of this film are naomi watts and karen black.
September 20, 2011
Not as good as I remembered the first one being. (September 20, 2011)
July 23, 2011
By now, the series had taken on a whole new life of it's own and it wasn't a good thing. Originaly, this was to be a semi-origin story for He Who Walks Behind the Rows - the corn God. But thanks to the scene being cut out, we were saved from that. But then we also got our first sequel which has no continuity, effectively starting a whole new continuity/universe which throws all original mythos out the window and rebuilds with a pretty bad mythos. Naomi Watts may be in this, but it is bad - particularly her little confession, which is worse a plot twist than what M. Night Shamalan can deliver.
WrenchLT
June 18, 2011
Surprisingly not too bad. It's the goriest of the series with nice gruesome kills and the plot is marginally different with not a grain of corn in sight. Interestingly it stars Naomi Watts in the lead already showing signs that she was destined for better things.
May 23, 2011
Decent enough, a departure from the other movies in storyline but I liked the change. One of Karen Black's finest Scifi performances.
April 17, 2011
Still enjoying this series.