Children of the Corn: Revelation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of the Corn: Revelation Reviews

September 26, 2015
Terrible, just awful. Only watch if you want a decent laugh at how bad it is.
July 12, 2015
When you take a series and make a 7th sequel, the whole purpose and intrigue of the original idea gets completely lost. Revelation tried to tie in something to the first entry but like the others before it, it lacks in fun, scares and enjoyment. In this entry the corn itself does most of the killing and the kids, which there are very few, are only a little creepy and not the main focus of the story. There is no point to go into the storyline because it is worthless and boring and strays so far from what this film franchise set out to be. The first film is the strongest and it is becoming a struggle to watch this entire series.
½ October 26, 2014
Another unscary boring film in this unnecessary franchise.
½ September 19, 2014
Bereft of ideas, Children of the Corn: Revelation is a slow, boring piece of tripe with no scares. After her grandmother goes missing, Jamie stakes out her apartment and looks for clues, eventually learning that her grandmother was once part of a child cult that has been resurrected and is attempting to reclaim their home. There's some atmosphere and suspense to Jamie's search, but it's ultimately pointless and the characters aren't that interesting. But the worst part of the film is the children, who are rather lame and aren't the least bit frightening. A dreary and lifeless entry into the franchise, Children of the Corn: Revelation is barely a shadow of the original.
September 12, 2014
A step up from the last few sequels for me. It starts off pretty slow but builds to something that could be quite isn't but they tried. The kills are really naff though with very little gore Michael Ironsides appears briefly
April 6, 2014
I... I actually liked this one. It worked for me. I liked it cause the storyline was different than the previous one. I think that the producers wanted to make a more modern film and it worked. I like it a lot.
½ August 17, 2013
Loved it very action packed
½ July 31, 2013
While it's better than some of the earlier sequels, it fails on a number of other levels. The characters are ridiculous, the children are hilariously uncreepy, and the scares just make the movie annoying. The plot is lame, the setting is just weird for this type on concept, and the film ends the way you'd think it would.
April 4, 2013
Well the seventh visit to the franchise was certainly a step-up from the two previous efforts, but was still quite a lacklustre movie... The focus on the children was back, which was certainly a step in the right direction, but it was combined with a rather bizarre story about some woman and her missing grandmother! Overall it was a predictable standard sequel churned out by a dying franchise!
January 2, 2013
ENDING SUCKED! Even before the ending sucked.
December 20, 2012
I honestly don't know for what audience this is targeted at! Children of the Corn, for chrissake!
½ November 12, 2012
I've done it, I'm so happy. I'll never have to watch another COTC sequel again. I promised myself I'd get through them all and now I have, It was damn hard going mind. This one was not as difficult to stay awake to as the rest though. I think it was a totally different kind of horror, it certainly felt different. Don't get me wrong, it's not better than the other sequels but it's not worse either, let's say they are consistently bad.
½ October 27, 2012
A woman confronts ghost children who followed "he who walks behind the rows" when she goes to find her missing grandmother. Not so merciful final installment of a weak series that somehow became an assembly line.
September 10, 2012
Enough sequels already.
April 13, 2012
not as good as the first
½ April 2, 2012
Just quite with damn Children Of The Fucking Corn.
November 6, 2011
Another crappy entry in the Children of the Corn series, Children of the Corn: Revelation is inexplicably set in the city where the children sell corn and kill the residents of a condemned apartment building. This film at least was funny with its stereotypical stripper and stoner characters that get murdered by the kids. The stoner guy was hilarious but was sadly not in the film enough. Children of the Corn is an improvement over the previous film in the series, but that's not really saying much at all.....
½ October 11, 2011
tomatoes, blond children,no cult members and no feild? sounds like everything children of the corn is not.