Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things Reviews

½ June 10, 2013
It takes a while for the dead to rise, but the dialog between the living keeps this movie entertaining. It's nothing scientific - just fun!
½ June 2, 2013
A great representation of the zombie genre for the time, Love the sloppy horn soundtrack, the cheap makeup, the ridiculous premise--if you can watch a movie without taking it too seriously, you'll love it! Definitely worth keeping in circulation...
½ May 4, 2013
Hipster douch will annoy you with his laugh, but other than that, this is a horror cult classic. It shocked to me to realize these zombies are really aggressive, predating Return of the living Dead by almost 13yrs.
January 29, 2013
this actually scarred me as a kid.
January 7, 2013
A fun zombie movie and a big influence on Evil Dead.
½ December 19, 2012
Funny, scary, and one of the best zombie films ever made. It starts out slow, but once the film gets going, it's great. Just ask Orville!
½ December 13, 2012
pretty garbage. i feel like it was a student film. and maybe it was. most of the people in this movie didnt act again.
December 11, 2012
Very odd and Funny lol.
December 7, 2012
Havent seen yet. Looks like it could be watchable.
November 29, 2012
You're Invited To Orville's "Coming-Out" Party...It'll Be A Scream...YOURS!!!

This low-budget, b-grade zombie flick is one of the first movies directed by Bob Clark (Black Christmas, Porky's, A Christmas Story).

Though it's a little slow at the beginnig, once the film gets going it's alot of fun to watch. A group of film students, led by an obnoxious ass named Alan, go to an island retreat, decide to dig up the local graves and steal a body for a mock satanic ritual all in the name of fun. But guess what? It works! And they get more than they bargained for when flesh hungry ghouls crash their little party.

Inspired by Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" Bob Clark made this film as a sort of campy homage that contains a bit of dark humor. Featuring gore effects that are very effective by Alan Ormsby who also plays Alan. And while Romero's film is far superior, Clark's zombie movie does have its moments and the make-up effects do work very well.

If you stick with slow paced first half of this movie, you'll be well rewarded with some good zombie carnage during the second half. Plus you'll enjoy seeing what happens to that rotten, sniveling good for nothing cowardly wierdo Alan.
½ November 3, 2012
July 16, 2012
Campy, sloppy and fun. The soundrack alone makes me love this flick. The characters come off as saturday night fever rejects and make for some good laughs. As far as D movies go this is one of my favs
May 16, 2012
The first real zombie movie after "Night of the Living Dead"...and one of the best ones as well.
½ May 15, 2012
Boring "Night of the Living Dead" rip-off.
May 12, 2012
Very disturbing. My brother roped me into going to the movies to see this one a long time ago (70's).
April 8, 2012
pretty scary at that time.
March 31, 2012
A low budget campfest that actually manages to give me the creeps.
November 27, 2011
The magnitude of your simplitude is overwhelming.
November 1, 2011
This was utterly horrible for the first 45 minutes. I honestly didn't expect an enormous horde of zombies to come out of no where. From there on out, it was phenomenal.
October 31, 2011
Bob Clark's early feature Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things is a typically low-budget, rather dull, obnoxious little would-be comedy, although the last 15 minutes or so contain some effective low-budget zombie effects.