Chill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chill Reviews

June 13, 2014
Cheap effects, not scary, and devoid of a unique story. Yet, if you're the type to riff a movie as you watch it, you'll have a great time just as I did!
½ February 23, 2013
So boring I stopped paying attention.
It's a b grade horror movie with bad action and a bad plot.
December 31, 2011
An unbelievable piece of crap. The fact that this film even references the great H.P Lovecraft is a slap in the face of the greatest horror author to ever live.

It has ZERO to do with Lovecraft's story 'Cool Air' for which it is supposedly based on. Literally, the only thing it has in common is that the bad guy needs to be in subzero temperatures to survive. You know who else needs to do that? Mr. Freeze, who has exactly the same amount of similarities to Lovecraft that this movie does. I would say that this was a hilarious film if I didn't view it as an insult to one of my favorite authors.

An all around abortion with nothing redeeming at all. It gets one star for being undeniably horrible in a mouth hanging open kind of way, and because I feel sorry for Lovecraft for having his name on the cover of this horrific shit.
December 3, 2011

½ July 28, 2011
One Of The Worst Horror Movies Ever. Poor Acting, Bad Special Effects (and I Mean BAD), Very Boring With No Plot To It.
July 12, 2011
An unbelievable piece of crap. The fact that this film even refrences the great H.P Lovecraft is a slap in the face of the greatest horror author to ever live. It has ZERO to do with Lovecraft's story 'Cool Air' for which it is supposedly based on. Literally, the only thing it has in common is that the bad guy needs to be in subzero temperatures to survive. You know who else needs to do that? Mr. Freeze, who has exactly the same amount of similarities to Lovecraft that this movie does. I would say that this was a hillarious film if I didn't view it as an insult to one of my favorite authors. It is really quite funny. Some of the worst acting you can imagine, topped off by one of the worst scripts ever written, with a sprinkle of inexplicable, choppy and disconnected direction. An all around abortion with nohting redeaming at all. It gets one star for being undeniably horrible in a mouth hanging open kind of way, and because I feel sorry for Lovecraft for having his name on the cover of this horrific shit.
April 27, 2011
Not right to say"inspired" by H.P. Lovecraft as this movie isn't "inspired" at all.
March 12, 2011
I have to give credit to anyone who puts a film together outside of the Hollywood studio system. It's got to be difficult. But, should that credit extend to ignoring bad acting and writing? It's a hard balance to keep. On the one hand, you have to accept that with a lack of resources comes a certain lack of quality. But, I can't help think this could have been much better, even with the limited budget. Lovecraft's awesome short story Cool Air gets somewhat rough treatment. And veteran character actors Ashley Lawrence and James Russo do their part to elevate the material, but the script is weak and the directing shoddy. And man, did they get some mileage out of the tattooed stripper willing to take off her top. Yikes.
September 4, 2010
What really bothers me about this movie and many other films is the use of the budget. If you are going to make a low-budget horror film, at least spend more money on the gore and horror of it. This was boring and fell short of being scary at all. The acting wasn't too terrible and the script idea was pretty decent, but I really can't stand sitting through a low-budget film that brings nothing to the table. I am actually surprised a fair amount of people gave praise to this film.
½ June 2, 2010
If you ever wanted to write a list of things that are wrong in b-horror movies, you no longer have to...just watch this movie instead. This film went past the point of stupidity that it wasn't even the least bit funny,
½ April 24, 2010
why did I get this movie? bleh...
½ October 18, 2009
Some of The funniest special effects Ive ever seen were in the final scenes of this movie.You just have to see for yourself
August 24, 2009
typical lovecraft adaption: unnecessarily 'updated' for modern times and not exactly ambitious in its execution. Why the pimp, why???
August 6, 2009
The Cold Eternal.

The film was honored by awards so I decided to check it out. And my god was it horrible. Every serious moment was laughable, the dialogue was silly to hear, and the scares were just....well not scary.

The plot follows Sam(Thomas Calabro) whos a struggling writer. He gets a job at the local store. He soon finds out that his boss is already dead and is using other peoples skin to live. Talk about eternal life...yuck.

This movie is just a waste of time. It won the awards out of pity. Calling it classical and one of a kind. Well it is, for being the dumbest horror movie I have ever seen. It tries to be a hostel flick that takes place in coolers instead of large abandoned buildings. Oh yeah, the funny part is that it all takes place in the back rooms of a small liquor store. How suprisingly stupid.

The acting was horrible and the only decent job was done by James Russo who plays the obsessed cop. A man whos been in 90 movies and yet, mediocre. Everyone else were amateurs. The lines are plain and the musical score were so badly used that you didnt really understand what the situation was. They used a suspense score for a job interview. I mean, COME ON! The film is just sick and tries to mimic other horror movies. It fails even at that, so in the end you get a big fat ZERO.

The writing was bad, the directing was bad, even the action was bad, There is no reason to like this film unless you liked watching prostitutes get skined alive. Which is a pretty odd fetish. The funny part is that the prostitutes brought actual light to the film. After watching this pile of junk, I had to make the comparison. This is a Hostel ripoff and it seems boobs are a better sight then this. Skip it and if you happen to own it. Just burn it.

Not to forget the special effects. I know this is a small budget film but come on. I felt like I was watching a 1960 space film. Even the flames looks incredibly fake. Talk about effort. This is a effortless film. Has no desire to become interesting and its goal is to try to piss us off. Honest to god, it succeeds.

Chill tries to become an original piece of work but lackluster effort makes this pickup trash for early monday.

0/4
August 2, 2009
lol wow this is bad...but i sat through it...
July 20, 2009
Basic plot: An ex-doctor turned writer tries to stop a mad scientist who needs fresh skin on a regular basis. Two reasons not to see this B horror movie: bad special effects and terrible editing.
March 24, 2009
Weird storyline and probably the worst acting I've ever seen... but slightly amusing.
½ March 18, 2009
this is by far a must-see.
ridiculous from the get-go with a finale that can only be described as a humongous pay-off.
the antagonist is also this perfectly creepy blend of bill pulman and alan rickman. no joke. there was some genetic splicing going on here for sure.
½ February 21, 2009
Kill me now before I watch other movies like this...
½ January 8, 2009
OMG, this movie is horrible, but it's great to make fun of!