Chill Reviews

• Jun 13, 2014

Cheap effects, not scary, and devoid of a unique story. Yet, if you're the type to riff a movie as you watch it, you'll have a great time just as I did!

• Feb 22, 2013

So boring I stopped paying attention. It's a b grade horror movie with bad action and a bad plot.

• Dec 03, 2011

An unbelievable piece of crap. The fact that this film even references the great H.P Lovecraft is a slap in the face of the greatest horror author to ever live. It has ZERO to do with Lovecraft's story 'Cool Air' for which it is supposedly based on. Literally, the only thing it has in common is that the bad guy needs to be in subzero temperatures to survive. You know who else needs to do that? Mr. Freeze, who has exactly the same amount of similarities to Lovecraft that this movie does. I would say that this was a hilarious film if I didn't view it as an insult to one of my favorite authors. It is really quite funny. Some of the worst acting you can imagine, topped off by one of the worst scripts ever written, with a sprinkle of inexplicable, choppy and disconnected direction. An all around abortion with nothing redeeming at all. It gets one star for being undeniably horrible in a mouth hanging open kind of way, and because I feel sorry for Lovecraft for having his name on the cover of this horrific shit.

• Oct 07, 2011

• Jun 23, 2011

An unbelievable piece of crap. The fact that this film even refrences the great H.P Lovecraft is a slap in the face of the greatest horror author to ever live. It has ZERO to do with Lovecraft's story 'Cool Air' for which it is supposedly based on. Literally, the only thing it has in common is that the bad guy needs to be in subzero temperatures to survive. You know who else needs to do that? Mr. Freeze, who has exactly the same amount of similarities to Lovecraft that this movie does. I would say that this was a hillarious film if I didn't view it as an insult to one of my favorite authors. It is really quite funny. Some of the worst acting you can imagine, topped off by one of the worst scripts ever written, with a sprinkle of inexplicable, choppy and disconnected direction. An all around abortion with nohting redeaming at all. It gets one star for being undeniably horrible in a mouth hanging open kind of way, and because I feel sorry for Lovecraft for having his name on the cover of this horrific shit.

• Jacob P Super Reviewer
    May 16, 2011

One Of The Worst Horror Movies Ever. Poor Acting, Bad Special Effects (and I Mean BAD), Very Boring With No Plot To It.

• Apr 27, 2011

Not right to say"inspired" by H.P. Lovecraft as this movie isn't "inspired" at all.

• Mar 12, 2011

I have to give credit to anyone who puts a film together outside of the Hollywood studio system. It's got to be difficult. But, should that credit extend to ignoring bad acting and writing? It's a hard balance to keep. On the one hand, you have to accept that with a lack of resources comes a certain lack of quality. But, I can't help think this could have been much better, even with the limited budget. Lovecraft's awesome short story Cool Air gets somewhat rough treatment. And veteran character actors Ashley Lawrence and James Russo do their part to elevate the material, but the script is weak and the directing shoddy. And man, did they get some mileage out of the tattooed stripper willing to take off her top. Yikes.

• Sep 04, 2010

What really bothers me about this movie and many other films is the use of the budget. If you are going to make a low-budget horror film, at least spend more money on the gore and horror of it. This was boring and fell short of being scary at all. The acting wasn't too terrible and the script idea was pretty decent, but I really can't stand sitting through a low-budget film that brings nothing to the table. I am actually surprised a fair amount of people gave praise to this film.

• Jun 02, 2010

If you ever wanted to write a list of things that are wrong in b-horror movies, you no longer have to...just watch this movie instead. This film went past the point of stupidity that it wasn't even the least bit funny,