Chill Factor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chill Factor Reviews

May 25, 2009
a decent movie that most don't know about
½ March 28, 2009
a good racy action story! Gooding's funny lines through out the movies is as good as it gets.. am surprised it has got only 3 stars..i wud give 4 +...
March 13, 2009
God, talk about casting two guys with careers that took a nose dive from about 75,000 feet. Oh, and the movie...about the same.
February 9, 2009
Not bad at all for a "Speed" ripoff. Let me start off by saying that "Speed" is one of my all-time favorite movies, and that "Chill Factor's" plot centers a lot around "Speed's" main idea. Luckily for me, a movie taking the formula of a much more successful and original movie hasn't ever bothered me as much as it does most of the movie critics, just as long as it's also a good movie, which "Chill Factor" is.
Tim Mason (Skeet Ulrich) and the driver of a stolen ice cream truck, Arlo (Cuba Gooding Jr.), get tangled up in a plot in which they must keep a chemical weapon from blowing up and killing millions of people. If this chemical weapon that's called 'Elvis' gets up to 50ยบ, it will literally explode instantly. But that's not all, they have a group of madmen that are tracking them down because they want to get a hold of Elvis. The chemical weapon Elvis, not the singer who a lot of people think is still alive and kicking.

Even though "Chill Factor" is a ripoff of one of my favorite movies of all time, I have to admit that it is a very entertaining film. The script, plot, acting, and everything else about this movie is just average, but Cuba Gooding Jr. keeps it from being a dud. Throughout "Chill Factor," he is hilarious and like always, does a great job of acting. The other things that keep "Chill Factor" from being a not so good movie is that it's interesting and somewhat suspenseful at times.

If you liked "Speed," or even if you don't, I recommend at least seeing "Chill Factor."
January 19, 2009
Not very realistic but FUNNY!!
½ January 7, 2009
I went to this movie with a girl who LOVED IT. we never spoke again.
January 1, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Its a great film, with plenty of humor, great dialogue, and serious action. I definitely recommend seeing this film! I think Skeet Ulirich and Cuba Gooding Jr had awesome onscreen chemistry. The scenery is cool too.
½ December 26, 2008
was set in missoula - i live in missoula - big dam in movie set in missoula - no big dam in missoula
November 29, 2008
one of Cuba's best movies! I Love This Movie! I wish I owned this one.
November 3, 2008
On the plus side, the pace is very fast and it has some good action sequences but the plot is way too over the top, and some of the dialogue is so bad it makes you groan. It wears thin about midway through.
November 2, 2008
I was very surprised by this movie...in a positive way. Good action, also some fun and also one or the other thrilling story turnings. Definitely worth to take a look at.
October 24, 2008
Cuba and Skeet paired well for this movie that was bombed by many critics. I've always liked it ever since I saw it in theatres years ago. You'll either like it or hate it.
½ October 11, 2008
Pop quiz hotshot, you have a bomb in your possession. If it gets above 50 degrees Fahrenheit, it goes off. What are you going to do?

You chill it in this weak but somewhat entertaining Speed clone.
½ October 2, 2008
Got panned by critics but I don't mind it. The action is good and Gooding Jr. and Ulrich mesh together well. The movie is a little cliched however and the biological warfare plot is laughable. Plus the villain is forgettable.
½ September 28, 2008
No one epitomized the "one and out" career more than Cuba Gooding Jr. He hit paydirt in Jerry Maguire, and then just dirt after that.
½ September 19, 2008
Can someone please stop Cuba Gooding Jr. from making any more movies. He's terrible in pretty much everything.
September 7, 2008
chill factor was a pretty intense movie....the storyline beautiful....the comedy excellent...i really enjoyed the lines.....had me rolling hilarious.....i already seen this movie before but couldn't remember so i'm very glad to watch it again.....i love cuba and skeet in this film....cuba told skeet to bend over and kiss your crazy ass goodbye buddy.....now that line was funnnnnnnnnnnnnnny....then skeet told the terrorist that was trying to steal the chemical weapon this......the terrorist said i need elvis(the name of the chemical weapon) and skeet told the terrorist that Elvis is fucking dead, man.....get yourself some cds....lol.....funnnnnnnnnnny.....i'm glad that i watched this movie again.....and the terrorist got what he asked for in the end....he wanted elvis and he got elvis....elvis took him out too......action....suspense.....comedy......what a banging movie......
September 2, 2008
Broken Arrow was better. This did have some comical points.
August 23, 2008
It was ok for a background movie while doing other work.
August 21, 2008
since im a self professed Jean Claude Van Damme fan i easily warm up to generic action thrillers that probbly didnt do very well with critics. Thats exactly what Chill Factor is. A little more then generic action thriller pairing two actors who i actually like (Skeet Ulrich of Scream and Cuba Gooding Jr. of Jerry Magure) resulting in a movie that didnt really bring anything new to the table but was enjoyable nonetheless.