Chilly Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chilly Dogs Reviews

½ June 28, 2014
A dull unfunny comedy that is to crude for kids and to dumb for adults. Sad to see a talent like Leslie Nielsen involved in such a poor quality film.
½ August 9, 2012
I truly don't find this movie worthy of any percentage above ten. For the well-being of others, and to provide shelter from the absolute rock-bottom of cinematography, I need to give this movie a completely accurate review. First and foremost, the slapstick was absolutely atrocious throughout. In fact, I can hardly say that they succeeded in conveying slapstick humor at all, which is troublesome, considering it is indeed the simplest method of obtaining laughs. A great indicator of an awful movie is when not even the most primitive form of comedy is achieved. Along with this strange hybrid of bad humor, the plot was also a prominent issue. It meandered along without the slightest direction, and finally ended sloppily in a cheesy and completely predictable way. Leslie Nielsen has certainly fallen from the graces, considering that he appeared in this awfully directed flick. His attempts at snide and clever commentary prove to be quite ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Also, Skeet Ulrich delivers a strange yet awful acting performance, and traces of failed Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick mimicking attempts can be detected throughout. This film resembles a badly done high school video project, and I'd be surprised if an amateur member of the third period drama club couldn't deliver a more solid performance. If you're looking for awful slapstick, ghastly character developement, and an extremely flimsy plot, then Chilly Dogs is the movie for you. If you are searching for a decent use of two hours, then move right along. I am ashamed to have contributed at all to this movie's success, and hopefully others can now be hindered from making the same mistake.
½ July 25, 2012
I truly don't find this movie worthy of even a single star. For the well-being of others, and to provide shelter from the absolute rock-bottom of cinematography, I need to give this movie a truly accurate review. First and foremost, the slapstick was absolutely atrocious throughout. In fact, I can hardly say that they succeeded in conveying slapstick humor at all. A great indicator of an awful movie is when not even the most primitive form of comedy is achieved. Along with this strange hybrid of bad humor, the plot also meandered along without any direction, and finally ended sloppily in a cheesy and completely predictable way. Leslie Nielsen has certainly fallen from the graces, considering that he appeared in this awfully directed flick. His attempts at snide and clever commentary prove to be quite ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Also, Skeet Ulrich delivers a strange yet awful acting performance, and traces of failed Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick mimicking attempts can be detected throughout. This film resembles a badly done high school video project, and I'd be surprised if an amateur member of the 3rd period drama club couldn't deliver a more solid performance. If you're looking for awful slapstick, ghastly character development, and an extremely flimsy plot, then Chilly Dogs is the movie for you. If you are searching for a decent use of two hours, then move right along. I am ashamed to have contributed to this movie's success, and hopefully others can be hindered from making the same mistake.
April 10, 2012
Even when i was aware of how holed it was i was enjoying it anyway because i laughed out loud all the way trough. Cute and enjoyable.
½ February 25, 2012
I enjoy watching this every time Leslie and Natasha are surpurb in this movie Lochlyn was a tad overused and underfunny. and the dogs were the movie . Oh Skeet kind of overdid it a lil the writing could have had just a tad less of him getting stepped on and the manhole cover ceased to be funny after the 2nd time
July 5, 2011
This movie turned out to be really great after all, and reminded me of one thing, never LISTEN TO CRITICS. Skeet is excellent in it as the typical man who tries to much and always fails, but he's still very funny nonetheless. a great watch and family film(though a bit rude the young ones wouldn't wouldn't understand most of it.)Definitely worth a watch, especially for a Skeet fan. It starts out with Kevin(Skeet)working in a travel agency and he gets his grandfathers will where he must travel to Alask to earn his inheritance, and it all starts out from there. It'll make you laugh, cry and raise your voice. So as i said bore, don't listen to the other reviews, and go get yourself this DVD NOW!
June 18, 2011
This was pretty awful. There was not a genuine laugh in the entire movie, and many of the gags were repeated though they were not funny the first time. I was hoping for more considering Leslie Neilson's comedic talents, but ALL acting talent was wasted here. If you want to see this movie done the right way, rent Snow Dogs
March 28, 2011
Pretty funny movie; downright stupid, but yet funny.
March 23, 2011
Cute Skeet Ulrich vehicle. Enjoyable fluff, though I wish the dogs had more screen time!
½ February 7, 2010
December 9, 2009
Predictable and only mildly amusing at times and it relies on a lot of physical humor to pull it through, which sometimes works, but more often doesn't. The cast is likeable but not exceptional. Nothing special.
January 4, 2009
Bof... Un film de chiens de traineaux parmi tant d'autres. Quelques conneries plutot droles, mais pas plus que ca.
July 26, 2008
Ulrich stars as Kevin Manley, a small-town travel agent who has just inherited a whole lot of money from his grandfather. But there's a catch, Kevin must complete a task. We're not talking an easy one like spending millions of dollars in a couple of days la Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. We're talking dog race, the dog race, the Iditarod. Of course, there has to be a no-good-nick to wreak havoc on Kevin's quest, and since it's in Alaska, which is close to the northern reaches of Canada, who else could you cast but Leslie Neilson, He plays Clive Thornton, a grizzled old man who thinks Kevin's grandfather might have been hiding something. Kevin of the North initially looks like it might have some potential with the Snow Dogs set; youngsters and warm-hearted folk who like a good, wholesome animal movie. Well, the constant fart jokes, sexual content and racial stereotypes sure wreck that one. And there are no talking dogs here just mutts and mangy mongrels straight from the pound. Slapstick ensues and the race is on, with the city type trying to make it with the big boys.
½ April 20, 2008
well it was crappy as expected. I bought this because of leslie neilsen ( and because it was 50 cents) and it was quite ridiculous. I think I got about four half laughs out of it.
January 31, 2008
It was on tv, so why not. I was never a Leslie Nielsen fan and now I know why...
½ January 20, 2008
Probably the worst film ever made.
January 3, 2008
Leslie Nielsen is in it
½ December 28, 2007
A movie cannot get any worse. :C
November 25, 2007
another leslie nielsen movie... not his best one.
reminds a lof a similar movie with cuba gooding jr
½ November 22, 2007
Really funny comedy for those who like a good laugh!