China Blue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

China Blue Reviews

½ January 4, 2008
I wonder if the girl ever managed to leave a note in a pair of the jeans she sewed, and whatever became of it.
November 18, 2007
Interesting documentary about work conditions in Chinese denim factories: 20 hour shifts, factory dorms, ... Interesting and eye-opening.
November 9, 2007
It is so impressive. At least it shows us why are lives here in Canada is so comfortable, some where else somebody else is paying for our good condition :(
October 21, 2007
I like to show this film when talking about trade justice issues. The story is more shaping and informative then statistics and numbers could be.
October 11, 2007
about life in a sweatshop in China where blue jeans are made. You know I knew about sweatshops, but I never realized the workers are made to LIVE in the factory "dorms" which are little more than cots, and 50 women in a room, no hot water. I was heartbroken during this entire movie, and they are not even women these are children, FOURTEEN! Working 17 - 20 HOUR DAYS like slaves! The protagonist, Jasmine, sneaks out with a friend to get "energy tea" so she can keep working and the factory owner found out so she is fined two days' pay. Some months they don't pay them at all. He follows this girl from starting day at this factory, I was utterly shocked and appauled and outraged. And who was one of the American buyers? Wal-mart. I really wish our government would do something against trade with China unless they improve factory conditions. The directory stayed after the show and answered questions he mentioned its the same story in South America and Vietnam too. So sad. I came home and checked all my jeans to see where they were made, two in the USA, and one in the Phillipines, I don't know if its the same there or what. Anyways, I reccomend seeing this, you have to see the conditions to believe it, to believe how disgusting it is. Also, you'll never complain about your job again. There are dog kennels in the US with better conditions.
September 26, 2007
Wake up to the reality that is our addiction to cheap jeans.
August 7, 2007
this documentary is all about where your jeans (and general fashion and toys) come from. get interested
July 3, 2007
need to wake up. need to change. west is not might. watch this film and learn about where your jeans come from. stop the exploitation.
June 29, 2007
consumers are ultimately in control of this problem. stop just sitting back and accepting that it happens, act with your feet when you go shopping and ask 'where did this come from', 'who made it', and 'where can I get a sweat-shop-free' product?
June 25, 2007
This is a documentary about a few girls who work in a blue jeans factory in china. It made me sad seeing them in their situation.
June 18, 2007
this is a great insider's look into the way today's economy works. with so many consumer products manufactured in china, i bet you could insert any product and get a similar film. although the movie was depressing, it's empowering to know that as consumers we have the power to make a difference just in choosing which products to buy.
June 11, 2007
This is an excellent film, it really makes you think about the cost of China's economic revolution. The end is a real tear-jerker. Brilliant - and true!!
½ March 24, 2007
Absorbing, eye-opening movie.
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this