The China Lake Murders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The China Lake Murders Reviews

½ September 6, 2011
After recently watching Red State and seeing how creepy Parks was as the villain I decided to watch some of his other work, most is incredibly hard to find these days but I knew of this TV movie and his role sounded promising. Sadly though being a made for TV movie sets certain limitations on the film but having said that it's still very good and if you can find it then you should watch it.

Parks is seriously unhinged in this, it was good when Skeritt realises its him yet he's powerless to bring him down, I can see this kind of thing really happening. A cop working for 24 years as claimed by Park's character dealing with all the crap and no thanks, i guess that could easily send you over the rails and skew what is right and wrong for you until you just snap. It gives the impression that Brody could just as easily snap like Donnelly did. As he said "it gets easier and easier". A very good and hard to find movie that sadly if done on the big screen could have much more potential. A terrifying role executed perfectly by Parks.
April 29, 2011
Early on you know who done it. But the suspense builds as it slowly dawns on the big city turned small town sheriff who the bad guy is who's been murdering young women every summer for the last several years. Then begins a very civil cat and mouse game between the charming stranger and the sheriff that drives this surreal, thrilling movie.
March 6, 2010
March 6, 2010
66/100. Not bad for a made for cable movie. Good cast, Tom Skerritt is well cast, Michael Parks is very effective as well. The story is good, it's a fine mystery and it is suspenseful and it always held my interest. It does always look made for television though, at least the performances rise above that.