Chinese Zodiac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chinese Zodiac Reviews

February 19, 2016
This is a rather silly movie even though its political message is important although overdone, but it does have some impressive action scenes. The martial arts fight while sky diving was especially well done.
January 20, 2016
This is by far one of my favorite movies I've seen of his! The credit scenes were amazing too. Jackie Chan is my favorite martial artist and action star!
November 25, 2015
I love Jackie's movies. Wish I could make a film with him such as Jackie's Angel Rachel. LOL
November 6, 2015
Only the 3rd act was mediocrely good. The rest of the movie was tough to watch. Wish it wasn't dubbed in English either.
½ November 1, 2015
I don't know.........
½ October 24, 2015
A globe-trotting adventurer uses high-tech gadgets to seek out priceless relics in this action-packed thrill ride starring the one and only Jackie Chan. Centuries ago, a collection of zodiac busts were the pride of China. Flash forward to today, and the bronze heads of those busts are missing. When powerful entrepreneur Lawrence (Oliver PLatt) offers a sizable reward for their recovery, the intrepid Asian Fox (Chan) races to find them, and ensure that China's history is preserved. Meanwhile, Asian Fox will rely on a stunning array of cutting-edge devises to survive his treacherous mission, and ensure the relics don't fall into the wrong hands. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
September 10, 2015
Light hearted and easy to watch but a bit complex for me to understand with my brain the way it is.
September 7, 2015
The movie is alright but some of the stuntwork is just fucking amazing.
September 7, 2015
Review:
I really didn't have a clue about the plot in this movie but the action scenes are top class. The acting was a bit shaky in places and I did find the girl who joined the group, quite irritating, especially when she wouldn't stop screaming in the jungle. Anyway, the movie is basically about a rich man who hires Jackie Chan to retrieve 12 Chinese Zodiac animal heads which were stolen in the 1800's. After following all the clues, he ends up in France with his reliable team but the mission isn't as straight forward as they first thought. That's the bit of the plot that I did understand but when the other business men get involved, I got completely lost. Jackie Chans comedic acting wasn't bad because it was mixed up with some clever stunts but it was a bit silly in parts. Its basically a National Treasure meets Indiana Jones type movie which obviously went down well with audiences around the world, judging by the box office takings. Personally, the film did get on my nerves after a while because it jumped from one situation to another. With that aside, you can't fault the action in the movie which has proved that Jackie Chan has still got the ability to entertain audiences with his amazing Kung Fu skills. Watchable but quite confusing!

Round-Up:
At 61 years old, Jackie Chan is still coming out with top action movies, whilst doing most of the stunts himself, so he has definitely has made his mark in the Kung Fu entertainment world. They cleverly mixed the languages with English and Chinese so you don't have to concentrate on annoying subtitles. I'm sure they dubbed the movie for other countries because it's quite a big budget film. Anyway, I personally preferred Chan in the Drunken Master authentic days, before he decided to concentrate on his comedic movies but he still has an audience which flock to see his movies. This film was actually directed by Jackie Chan so it must have been hard to play the lead and do all of the stunts at the same time. He definitely can't complain about the profit that the movie made and I'm sure that they will come out with another part of this Armour of God series which started in 1986. Anyway, it's worth a watch just for the action and the funny Pirates that tackled them in the woods but the storyline is a bit sketchy.

Budget: $26million
Worldwide Gross: $145million

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/adventure movies about a man who searches the world for 12 Chinese Zodiac artifacts which are worth a large amount of money. 4/10
September 6, 2015
One of his best movies
September 6, 2015
This lacks tremendously of what makes Jackie Chan fun to watch.... instead its mostly a hodgepodge story which was quite a bore.
August 24, 2015
Es otra peli mala de Jackie Chan, pero, me gusta ver sus pelis malas. No obstante, esta estaba en inglés, doblada del chino al inglés, y puede que sea de las experiencias más confusas y terribles frente a una peli, escuchar un doblaje lamentable, no por desincronizado si no por falso, desubicado y totalmente carente de cualquier sentimiento humano que te arruina todo. Aguanté unos 38 minutos antes de quitarla.

Claro, no hay dobladores de inglés, no hay escuela y eso que me he criado viendo película dobladas, ahora aprecio un doblaje bien hecho...
½ August 14, 2015
what was I thinking when I saw it
½ June 4, 2015
Jackie back to his best
May 8, 2015
The rollerscating-race-thing was cool , and the fights 2 , a bit funny 2 ....also some boring humor !
½ April 26, 2015
Time for the dragon to fly.

Twelve bronze heads of the Chinese zodiac threaten to unleash mystic powers from Chinese history. Asian Hawk and his special task force of thieves have been assigned to steal each artifact and replace them with replicates. Those protecting the artifacts won't make their job easy.

"Say something I understand in English."
"Purple."

Jackie Chan, director of Police Story 1 & 2, Project A 1 & 2, Who Am I, 1911, Armour of the Gods 1 & 2, The Young Master, and Dragon Strike, delivers Chinese Zodiac. The storyline for this picture is fairly cheesy and disappointing. There are some worthwhile fights sprinkled in here and there but the acting and dialogue are fairly mediocre. The cast includes Jackie Chan, David Torok, Laura Weissbecker, and Alaa Safi.

"Bite me? Lie down! Be good! Stay good! Be gone!"

I came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. This was a below average addition to the martial arts genre. The final fight scene was actually pretty good and the one redeeming quality of the film; but overall, I recommend skipping this.

"I have to go pee-pee."

Grade: D
February 13, 2015
Come on Jackie Chan. You are better than this.
February 1, 2015
Not bad, but far from anything great. In what is supposedly Jackie Chan's last "stunt" action movie the only thing that made this worthwhile were the stunts and the action scenes. Otherwise it was extremely cheesy. And the dubbed languages were poorly matched. Watchable for die hard Chan fans otherwise save yourself the time.
January 20, 2015
I dont really watch Chan films, not for any reason in general, but if they are as badly acted as the first half hour of this= i dont want to watch them.
January 16, 2015