Chinese Zodiac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chinese Zodiac Reviews

½ September 1, 2017
It's a little too long for what it is, and it tends to be too zany and cartoonish, bit it's still got a few fun bits of adventure for a younger audience. The sizzle reel during the credits of Chan's past death-defying stunts was sadly more entertaining.
August 23, 2017
While most of the female co-stars were annoying, I found the pirate scene made up for it. Overall, a well made film with lots of effort made by the cast. Jackie seems to pick the right people and embolden them.
½ July 13, 2017
Too stereo typical and predictable. Boring
½ May 10, 2017
Not Jackie Chan's best movie, but, still good overall
March 11, 2017
One of Jacki Chan's better movies in his later years, Chinese Zodiac is the final film in Chan's Armor of God series. While the first two feature some excellent fight scenes mixed with intrigue and adventure, this film is not up to par as those, but close to it. Jackie is back as Asian Hawk, a treasure hunter who finds relics. He has some bland sidekicks, and takes on everything from military, pirates, security guards, and the movie is very fun. It capture the essence of what we like in action adventure films, with a whole lot of exotic locales and inventive choreography. Chinese Zodiac is like a love letter to his previous films, and it works.
February 21, 2017
What a mess this is, it's in mostly Chinese but with a lot of English and French thrown in, the acting is laughable, I swear the subtitles were for a different film and they disappeared from the screen too fast for me to read... But I forgive it all that as it's Jackie Chan, the man's a legend and to be still feeding this stuff at his age is incredible, he must be about 70
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
I had a good time with this movie. A bit of fun, worth a look. It has Jackie chan stunts which are always fun.
February 19, 2016
This is a rather silly movie even though its political message is important although overdone, but it does have some impressive action scenes. The martial arts fight while sky diving was especially well done.
January 20, 2016
This is by far one of my favorite movies I've seen of his! The credit scenes were amazing too. Jackie Chan is my favorite martial artist and action star!
November 25, 2015
I love Jackie's movies. Wish I could make a film with him such as Jackie's Angel Rachel. LOL
November 6, 2015
Only the 3rd act was mediocrely good. The rest of the movie was tough to watch. Wish it wasn't dubbed in English either.
½ November 1, 2015
I don't know.........
½ October 24, 2015
A globe-trotting adventurer uses high-tech gadgets to seek out priceless relics in this action-packed thrill ride starring the one and only Jackie Chan. Centuries ago, a collection of zodiac busts were the pride of China. Flash forward to today, and the bronze heads of those busts are missing. When powerful entrepreneur Lawrence (Oliver PLatt) offers a sizable reward for their recovery, the intrepid Asian Fox (Chan) races to find them, and ensure that China's history is preserved. Meanwhile, Asian Fox will rely on a stunning array of cutting-edge devises to survive his treacherous mission, and ensure the relics don't fall into the wrong hands. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
September 10, 2015
Light hearted and easy to watch but a bit complex for me to understand with my brain the way it is.
September 7, 2015
The movie is alright but some of the stuntwork is just fucking amazing.
September 7, 2015
Review:
I really didn't have a clue about the plot in this movie but the action scenes are top class. The acting was a bit shaky in places and I did find the girl who joined the group, quite irritating, especially when she wouldn't stop screaming in the jungle. Anyway, the movie is basically about a rich man who hires Jackie Chan to retrieve 12 Chinese Zodiac animal heads which were stolen in the 1800's. After following all the clues, he ends up in France with his reliable team but the mission isn't as straight forward as they first thought. That's the bit of the plot that I did understand but when the other business men get involved, I got completely lost. Jackie Chans comedic acting wasn't bad because it was mixed up with some clever stunts but it was a bit silly in parts. Its basically a National Treasure meets Indiana Jones type movie which obviously went down well with audiences around the world, judging by the box office takings. Personally, the film did get on my nerves after a while because it jumped from one situation to another. With that aside, you can't fault the action in the movie which has proved that Jackie Chan has still got the ability to entertain audiences with his amazing Kung Fu skills. Watchable but quite confusing!

Round-Up:
At 61 years old, Jackie Chan is still coming out with top action movies, whilst doing most of the stunts himself, so he has definitely has made his mark in the Kung Fu entertainment world. They cleverly mixed the languages with English and Chinese so you don't have to concentrate on annoying subtitles. I'm sure they dubbed the movie for other countries because it's quite a big budget film. Anyway, I personally preferred Chan in the Drunken Master authentic days, before he decided to concentrate on his comedic movies but he still has an audience which flock to see his movies. This film was actually directed by Jackie Chan so it must have been hard to play the lead and do all of the stunts at the same time. He definitely can't complain about the profit that the movie made and I'm sure that they will come out with another part of this Armour of God series which started in 1986. Anyway, it's worth a watch just for the action and the funny Pirates that tackled them in the woods but the storyline is a bit sketchy.

Budget: $26million
Worldwide Gross: $145million

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/adventure movies about a man who searches the world for 12 Chinese Zodiac artifacts which are worth a large amount of money. 4/10
September 6, 2015
One of his best movies
September 6, 2015
This lacks tremendously of what makes Jackie Chan fun to watch.... instead its mostly a hodgepodge story which was quite a bore.
August 24, 2015
Es otra peli mala de Jackie Chan, pero, me gusta ver sus pelis malas. No obstante, esta estaba en inglés, doblada del chino al inglés, y puede que sea de las experiencias más confusas y terribles frente a una peli, escuchar un doblaje lamentable, no por desincronizado si no por falso, desubicado y totalmente carente de cualquier sentimiento humano que te arruina todo. Aguanté unos 38 minutos antes de quitarla.

Claro, no hay dobladores de inglés, no hay escuela y eso que me he criado viendo película dobladas, ahora aprecio un doblaje bien hecho...