Chop-Socky: Cinema Hong Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chop-Socky: Cinema Hong Kong Reviews

June 24, 2013
At under an hour it's much shorter than "The Art of Action" and "Cinema of Vengeance". Being the most recent it has Kill Bill vol. 2 in it as well as Dirty Ho, which was skipped by the other two. Has some other things the previous two documentaries missed. Worth a watch for HK action fans.
July 23, 2012
Good documentary on Hong Kong cinema and Kung Fu
April 19, 2010
I am rather new to martial arts cinema. Therefore, I found it an interesting introduction to the history of martial arts films made in Hong Kong. Some of the movies highlighted looked interesting and others looked downright silly due to poor special effects. Either way, this documentary was informative and colorful. I enjoyed the brief interviews with the actors, stunt men, and directors. I would recommend this to anyone interested in the history of film making or martial arts movies.
July 17, 2008
Pretty nice overview of Hong Kong Kung Fu film and influences.
½ February 10, 2008
fascinating documentary. a must for anyone interested in martial arts films. i only wish it was longer!
December 24, 2007
Blame me as much as you want but I am big fan of HK Cinema and documentaries about it.
September 2, 2007
A surprisingly focused and insightful documentary. Its only fault is being far too short, causing it to leapfrog directly from 1980 to 2000, leaving out lots of potentially interesting history.
November 24, 2006
Documentaries are clearly where it's at.
½ June 18, 2006