Chris Rock: Never Scared - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chris Rock: Never Scared Reviews

Chris Rock: Never Scared [2004]
Directed by: Joel Gallen
½ April 26, 2010
I have seen this two times and it is funny, Enjoyed most of the jokes he did well
½ April 26, 2010
Chris Rock: I have a like-hate relationship with him. Is he just angry with a big smile?

I tried to like him. Really. I enjoyed and gave his HBO special "[color=palegreen]Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker[/color]" a chance. And I took it for what it's worth. And I liked it. Yeah, I was sitting there thinking, naw, that's not funny... then I'd be laughing hysterically at stuff. So yeah, it was okay. I guess. I told my fella's to check it out... so yeah... I liked it.

Then I sat through "[color=palegreen]Chris Rock: Never Scared[/color]"... And I was thinking, naw, that's not funny at all... then I'd be laughing... but not so hysterically as I did in "Bigger & Blacker". And the reason... CR just seemed so much more angry in this one. That's his thing. ANGER. Or is it? Am I not understanding him? Give me [color=orange]Jammie Foxx[/color] or one of the [color=orange]Wayan Bros[/color] on stage or [color=orange]Tim Alan[/color] in his hey-day, or [color=orange]Richard Jenni[/color]...[color=orange] DL Hughley's[/color] stand up is fricken awesome. Those guys are funny.

So what is it with CR? The audience laughs because it's Chris Rock. They [color=orange][b]weren't[/b][/color] rollin' like they do when [color=orange]Martin Lawrence[/color] is on stage. This special seemed like he wrote the jokes four years ago and couldn't fit it in his Bigger & Blacker special so he did another.

Then I heard he's hosting the [color=yellow]Academy Awards[/color]. Now, think about it. Chris Rock ain't funny without the mouth. Is he? He ain't funny without being politically incorrect. How is he going to get away with skirting under the FCC if he's gonna host? If this network isn't running now, they'll be running after the awards. Running from all the stick-up-the-butt uptight mothers who need to say something for their 15 minutes of whatever.

I don't want to be sitting through a bunch of bleeps.

Granted, Chris Rock does what he does. And I respect him for that whether I like him or not. But he's not going to be Chris Rock if he's hosting the awards. He's gonna be watered down and it'll just make him NOT LIKE HIM somemore.

Bring back [color=orange]Billy[/color]. Get [color=orange]Garry Marshal[/color] to do it. At least [color=orange]Jim Carrey[/color] doesn't need to be so foul to be funny.

Now the like...

[color=orange]Adam Sandler[/color] and [color=orange]Chris Rock[/color] were on ESPN Radio with [color=orange]Dan Patrick[/color] last week. And yeah, CR was being CR as much as he could [color=plum][i]without getting FCC'd off the airways[/i][/color]. [b][u][i][color=purple](Note: We need to get rid of the FCC!)[/color][/i][/u][/b] Some 'off color' comments were edgy... but damn funny. So maybe he's okay off the cuff... but on the stage. Not so funny. And knowing he and Sandler were friends for a long time was kinda neat to know. Especially when Sandler called on CR to co-star in THE LONGEST YARD.

So the bottom line. Chris Rock has his moments. But I can't foresee him gaining any more 'moments' by hosting the award show. Well, maybe the moments will come in controversy. I'm surprised he even accepted the job.

Needless to say, it'll be interesting. And by, god... one reason I want to watch it this year is because of CR... Liking him or hating him, it'll be very interesting to see.

One thing for sure... At least it's not Gary Seinfeld hosting the show. We'd all get angry. Just like Chris Rock.
April 13, 2010
Paras stand-up show mita oon Chris Rockilta nahny ja muutenki yks suosikeista naista ulkomaalaisista
½ April 10, 2010
Possibly Chris Rock's best special (BIGGER AND BLACKER may be a hair better), he is at the absolute top of his game here, touching on a perfect array of topics, from strippers, to rap killings, to the difficulties of romance, and many, many more. Unlike, say, EDDIE MURPHY: RAW, Rock here has bite, but never descends into misanthropy. As a performer, too, he's at the top of his game: bursting with energy, immensely likable as always, he more than earns his place as my favorite comedian.
February 2, 2010
This was an exhilarating experience, Chris Rock is one of the greatest contemporary minds. Good stuff.
½ November 12, 2009
Probably the funniest standup dvds I've seen.
November 11, 2009
puts you on the floor cracks you up . ma dawg lol one to watch on DVD
½ November 9, 2009
Stand up vystupenie Chrisa Rocka. Do huby si berie aj take osobnosti ako Michaela Jacksona a Georga Busha, veci ako su stripterky, manzelstvo, potrat a pod. To co Chris Rock hovori je komicke ale zaroven ma to hlavu aj patu. Miestami mi vsak uz vadilo to jeho vecne nadavanie, ale inac fun :)
½ November 4, 2009
chris rock....funny as hell.....one of the best comedy show...all his shows are good....
½ October 30, 2009
oh so funny. I just say "smack her with the d***" ha ha ha
October 24, 2009
he has the talent to make stand up of serious subjects like politics and complicated relationships
½ August 30, 2009
Standup
Hadde nok forventet å le mer, men for all del, Chris leverer varene.
August 19, 2009
hmm, it was ok. he seemed to go a bit political on this one, and it's not really that funny when he does, as the material (slavery, affirmative action, nationalism) doesn't really lend itself to hilarity. that said when he talks about strippers and the differences between men and women he has me rolling round in the aisles. well ok, makes me chuckle.
March 5, 2009
No hay mejor mejor stand up comedian que el aw..
February 21, 2009
Chris Rock...is by FAR....The Funnest Comedian that I've Seen!!!
½ December 15, 2008
Very funny. One of the best stand-up performances I have seen, ever.
½ December 15, 2008
Chris Rock is the best stand up comic of this generation and this is so far his greatest performance. Politics, relationships, racism, and pop culture are nailed dead on.