Christian Audigier the VIF Reviews

• Jun 27, 2018

I got roped into seeing this film with a friend who insisted and as it would turn out, I'm very happy she insisted! I knew nothing about the subject of the film (the designer, fashion and the industry, pop culture, etc), but walked away stunned by the story and the world it takes place in. The makers used every element possible to tell a holistic story about a rather eccentric individual and did so in a way that exposed not just the glamourous highlights of his life (which seemingly could have been the primary subject of a film twice the length), but also the perils and struggles of balancing life inside the chaotic industry of fashion and celebrity culture. In a way, the film humanized a world that often times seems to exist wholly on another planet. I expected to see a film about a man struggling with MDS, and I certainly got that experience, but the byproducts of the storytelling in this film gave full exposure to the environment it took place in and framed the central elements in such a way that they were relatable and tangible. The story of Christian Audidier's life and death is facilitating and tragic by itself, but add in the breathtaking cinematography and it becomes a challenge to walk away from. From the very opening scenes at the beach where the makers seemingly have omniscient control of every individual sunray reflecting off the sea and the sand, to the reenactments of Christian's time in a Bali prison, each and every scene is impeccably thought out and controlled. You could watch this film on mute and still be happy you went. Highly recommended.

• Jun 26, 2018

From Bali, to Rio deJaneiro, to LA, and going by Paris and Avignon, Christian Audigier’s journey takes us from building a fashion empire, to escaping from Jail, to stardom..and fighting cancer until the end. Wow!

• Jun 26, 2018

Definitely best film of the year to me, the struggle against cancer is shown with real poetry with appropriate boundaries for the family of the VIF as they called him. A great escape into our fears stepping out of the theatre grateful, stronger and a pinch of sadness. Came in for the poster and the laurels, came out full of GIRL POWER.

• Jun 26, 2018

Really good ! I enjoyed to travel through Audigier's life and places where he lived. The guy is a Rock star !

• Jun 26, 2018

Gift of hope for everyone, the designer was really a fighter. I recommend it ! Must see!

• Jun 25, 2018

This movie was beautifully shot. A touching story of a man coming from nothing to achieving the American dream. It is a must see for everyone because anyone can relate to it!

• Jun 24, 2018

Photography is amazing, we traveled all around the world through a roller-coaster of emotions, needed 2 hours after to go back to my life, but eventually another man ! Anyone should see it not for the French guy (never was a big fan) but to learn that we need to follow our dreams and enjoy each moment ...

• Jun 24, 2018

I smiled, I laughed, I cried ... A film never made me feel so alive !

I smiled, I laughed, I cried ... A film never made me feel so alive !

• Jun 24, 2018

"Christian Audigier the Vif" is the best legacy that the fashion designer could have left his fans, his struggle against the cancer, his last love, his family I have discovered the man behind the scene as I would have never imagined ... A pure moment of honesty no bling bling only true love. We definitely need more films like that !

• Jun 24, 2018

Just one word: Great documentary!

Just one word: Great documentary!