National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure Reviews

½ December 26, 2011
Very likely worst movie I have ever seen. Had very little to do with Xmas and Christmas Vacation. Movie was very immature, dull and predictable. Sung Hi Lee was only real good part, she was so damn attractive.
December 24, 2011
Randy Quiad... 'nuff said
½ December 9, 2011
(1/2 Star) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2- Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure is a genocide of laughs, no doubt causing John Hughes to spin in his grave. Bearing the name to the outstanding, yearly tradition film Christmas Vacation is unforgivable... it's like the filmmakers don't know how basic setup-and-payoff comedy works. There's a limit to the number of times Randy Quaid can appear in short shorts and expect the audience to laugh. I remember one joke that worked, but even then, they let it go on for too long. If you're expecting a Christmas movie, look elsewhere; this will not put you in the spirit. The family starts in fake Chicago, then goes to Hawaii, the gets caught on a deserted island. Christmas isn't even part of the story, but a backdrop. Plotwise, there IS NO CONFLICT! I'm not saying that to make you laugh, there seriously never is a conflict... it's like the worst episode of Gilligan's Island ever. Please skip Christmas Crapcation 2... even if your curiosity makes you want to see it, there's nothing here worth seeing.
½ December 5, 2011
This is in no condition whatsoever to be related to the first movie in any way. Cousin Eddie is no match for affably idiotic Clark. The plot plays like a crack fic spinoff. Absolutely dreadful, and to call this a movie is like saying Hitler was a wonderful man.
December 4, 2011
I have not seen it but got HORRIBLE!
October 8, 2011
Forced laughs, bad acting and not living up to the National Lampoon's name. Worst of the movies by far.
September 21, 2011
Bought it 3 years ago, never watched it.

To be continued........
½ April 13, 2011
Number 2 off the pile of crap I have put off watching for over a year. Well, on the plus side, at least I made it all the way through this one!
This is a typical Lampoons movie. Definitely inferior to the one. (And that isn't all that great either, so make of that what you will).. So-so characters. A few laughs, but only a few. The rottweiler and monkey just about steal the show. This is pretty lame and tired.
Christmas is probably the only time this is acceptable, but even then I would stay stick with the first one unless this is on tv to watch free!
½ March 28, 2011
I still can't believe I watched this sorry pile of cousin Eddies stool.
½ March 6, 2011
Christmas Vacation 2 never even feels like a Christmas movie. This could be attributed to the tropical island setting, or the lack of a delightful Christmas atmosphere. To be fair, even a group of Oscar-winning actors wouldn't make this movie any less dismal. Maybe National Lampoon should turn its filmmaking energies toward the direction of educational dental hygiene videos. This comedy thing just ain't working. National Lampoon, intent on defecating on its one-time respectable commodities, issues this pointless and brain-dead sequel. Hoping to get some extra mileage out of their long-since departed Vacation series, the filmmakers dredge up a few familiar faces and plunk them in the middle of this plotless, unfunny bedsore of a movie.

VERDICT: "Some Ole' Bulls**t" - Second lowest rating in the system (Negative reaction). These films are truly terrible films. They are not the worst things ever made, but they are definitely awful and should not be seen by anyone.
December 25, 2010
Nothing like first and not that good at all
½ December 23, 2010
It's about as good as you'd expect for a low-budget sequel to "Christmas Vacation" centered on Cousin Eddie. The expectations aren't high, but it does have a few good moments.
½ November 28, 2010
What a waste of time Hated every minute of it...If you want to actually subject people to a bad story, bad acting, and torture here is the movie to do it
½ June 2, 2010
And this, children, is why you never make a comedy sequel nearly 20 years after the first.
½ June 2, 2010
This movie is completely got butchered. If they had a better director it might have been funnier.
½ December 30, 2009
This movie was a let down. It tries too hard to be funny, but it really doesn't land any laughs. And one thing that bothers me the most is that they don't explain what happened to Eddies other kids from the other vacations in this film, but they have a new kid and his name is Clark Griswold Jr (what's up with this?) The movie isn't even Christmasy because they take a vacation in some tropical place and try to throw in a Christmas theme, the movie had crap written all over it, the only good thing about this movie was Quaid returning as Eddie, other than that it really should have stayed on the shelve some where to collect dust.
½ December 24, 2009
Want to see the worst movie ever???? No? Me Neither. Unfortunately, I did.