The Christmas Blessing Reviews

• Nov 27, 2015

My only complaint is the scene where the elementary school teacher teaches a chapter on Mexico. Her 'Mexican' costume is cultural appropriation at its worst and her facts are wrong. Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day and it's not a big holiday in Mexico. That almost ruins the entire movie. Technically this movie is a sequel to The Christmas Shoes, but all the relevant information from The Christmas Shoes is mentioned in this movie anyway. The Christmas Shoes is extremely depressing and boring, with terrible acting to boot, so skip it altogether. This movie, on the other hand, has great writing and great acting. There's a guest performance from Blake Shelton and NewSong, but it's not cheesy because the concert is a fundraiser that is relevant to the plot. The movie is about a transplant, so it's tragically realistic, but it's written in a touching 'everything happens for a reason' way.

• Dec 15, 2014

This was pretty good, one of those made for TV, Christmas (ie) type movies. This one is based on a book and apparently a continuation of an earlier movie "The Christmas Shoes", although I didn't see that one and it didn't matter in regards to the story here. Anyways, Neil Patrick Harris plays a young doctor who returns to his hometown after losing a patient on the operating table. His plan is to give up medicine and work in widowed fathers garage. Harris does a decent job here, I mean its a TV movie so its not like he had to push his acting abilities. He does have some good scenes with Angus T. Jones from 'Two and a Half Men' and a plausible enough romance with Rebecca Gayheart who also does a good job. Rob Lowe is in this too, sort of a cameo type role but imperative to the story and enjoyable as always. I have to say this was a bit of a tear-jerker, way sadder than I was expecting actually especially if you lost a parent as a child. Several of the characters also go through life threatening situations (requiring Christmas miracles and such) with not all of the outcomes are favorable. Oh and apparently recovery time for a liver transplant is about 12 hours. Filmed in Canada -Alberta (as most made for TV movies seem to be) this features a bunch of Canadian talent and I particularly enjoyed Hugh Thompson as the widowed father and Shaun Johnston of 'Heartland' fame. 12/14/14

• Dec 29, 2013

Great feel good movie

Great feel good movie

• Jan 07, 2013

This movie was a little cheesy but still cute.

This movie was a little cheesy but still cute.

• Dec 28, 2012

Nice Christmas story sequel to the "Christmas Shoes" with a heart-warming message

• Jan 11, 2012

love this movie! so sad!

love this movie! so sad!

• Dec 27, 2011

Even Harris' fantastic acting and a genuinely heartwarming story have a hard time making up for the stilted, padded, and cliche script, but if one can overlook the amateurish presentation there are worse ways to spend an hour and a half.

• Dec 20, 2011

It's really sad, but it's good.

It's really sad, but it's good.

• Aug 24, 2011

A pretty good sequel to The Christmas Shoes... a great cast, also.

A pretty good sequel to The Christmas Shoes... a great cast, also.

• Jun 10, 2011

Wish they would have warned me about how sad it is.

Wish they would have warned me about how sad it is.