The Christmas Card - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Christmas Card Reviews

January 3, 2016
cutey family film about a soldier that receive an anonymous christmas card while serving in Afghanistan and decides to follow his heart looking for the town, family and the girl who wrote in the card. Beautiful scenery, ok acting, totally chick flick.
½ December 5, 2015
What I got to say about "The Christmas Card" is a good love story raises the true meaning of the holiday spirit. "It's heartwarming and heartfelt" The performances by the whole cast is remarkable. "John Haymes Newton and Alice Evans have magical chemistry that is really noticeable." The directing by Stephen Bridgewater is good. The screenplay by Joany Kane is good as well. The cinematography is good. The score is great. Finally, the effects are good as well. "I'm raving that "The Christmas Card" is a outstanding holiday season movie to watch."
November 25, 2015
Cute Christmas romantic movie
November 5, 2015
Although it has every cliche you've ever seen in holiday movies, this does a better job of it than most. Usually, the leading lady's boyfriend is a terrible person, which destroys the happy mood and makes the woman look like a fool. The boyfriend in this one is nice and clearly has strong feelings for his girlfriend, but they have nothing in common, he expects too much from her, and he makes big decisions without consulting her because he thinks big surprises are romantic (romance movies lead people to wrongly believe it is romantic). The new love interest is normally a funny, charming guy who is too shy to say how he feels. The one in this movie is a military man, so he knows life is short and always says what is on his mind. He's pretty serious, but he's helpful to everyone he meets and is a hard worker. He doesn't fall in love with the leading lady because of her beauty; he is touched that she writes holiday greeting cards to soldiers. Ordinarily, the family in holiday movies have some weird holiday-related family business and live in a creepily happy fake town. This movie takes place in Nevada City, CA and was filmed on location. The family has a logging business, so they do sell holiday trees, but in a small town in the mountains this seems like a logical career. I also liked that there is a music score the whole time.
½ October 23, 2015
Insensibly boring, miserably acted, awkwardly cut, musically dismal, this movie offers none of the charm expected for holiday tv movies.

I cannot even write to how atrocious it is, because I don't have enough care to think about it longer than this. I recommend this movie to no one, and I'm just disappointed they dragged poor Ed Asner into this film.
August 26, 2015
This is my favorite Hallmark movie. John Newton, who plays the part of Cody, does a wonderful job. The traditional portrayal of an American Christmas is perfect. Its wholesome and very genuine. I've watched it on repeat over a dozen times this week.
½ February 5, 2015
This was a very sweet holiday film. I loved the beautiful ending to this love story.
December 7, 2014
A ridiculously cheesy no doubt made for TV film that clearly lacks acting talent but somehow is watchable despite its flaws.

It's so cliche & sentimental it's a safe watch & despite its flaws your just got to go with it & be patient.

I find a lot of TV Christmas films have strong elements but always for short from acting & story telling.
December 31, 2013
So cheesy. The acting was bad, and the music added an extra cheese factor.
½ December 28, 2013
This kinda' reminded me of a Nicholas Sparks romance novel...I don't usually watch these types of movies, but when your best friend ask you to watch it with her, what can you do? So, I watched it and it was kinda' Halmark Channel cheesy and the continuity was a little off and flawed, but it was a well done movie.
December 9, 2013
This is one of my favorite holiday movies.
November 23, 2013
My fav xmas movie ever
March 19, 2013
A great, heart-warming love story that I watch long after the Christmas season is over. You find yourself caring about the family, the solider and wishing they would make a sequel with other characters from this charming town.
January 1, 2013
This is typical Hallmark Channel Christmas fare...nothing special. It's got sad, happy, frustration, funny, despair, hope...and Ed Asner! I liked it.
½ December 22, 2012
Cheesiest movie I've seen in a while. "I got a card kept me going."
½ December 13, 2012
On dirait un genre de téléroman vraiment a chier et inintéressant. C'est plus ennuyant que divertissant.
November 23, 2012
nice story but predictable. good family movie for the holidays.
November 19, 2012
A great and classic holiday movie. Great scenic town and an all around feel good movie. One I'll watch every year!
September 24, 2012
This Is A OK Movie...I've Seen It 100's Of Times before.. Because My Mom Loves it. It's Her Fav. Movie! But Personally, It Gets boring afta a While