Christmas in August (Hachigatsu no kurisumasu) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas in August (Hachigatsu no kurisumasu) Reviews

February 18, 2008
Damn, Korean tear-jerk movies! Gets me every single time.
February 11, 2008
so subtle yet so sad.
February 11, 2008
One of the most beautiful and purest love story I have ever experienced.
January 20, 2008
A very down to earth love story...Simple but powerful...
January 16, 2008
Not my kind of film, but still ok. It's very slow throughout, not that I can't handle slow films, but it didn't really spark much interest for me. What I will give this movie some credit is its realism. In terms of the abrupt ending to relationships/romances that do happen in real life.
It seems to me that romantic films always have that 'happily ever after' ending - 95% of the time. It's surprising to see a film that was tame from the start, have such a despairing ending to it.

The acting was pretty good, just overall not exactly my type of film.

6/10
½ January 8, 2008
a beautiful love story.. i know it exists
January 7, 2008
Wow, that is some terrible box art.
½ January 7, 2008
"Thru the window, he sees her smiling and waiting for his love. Will they have the chance to meet each other in the heaven? It is the movie dat should been seen in every Christmas."
January 3, 2008
Photography: A-
Scenes: B+
Music: B+
Acting: A-
Story: A

A touching Korean love story. Slow, moody and sad.
December 15, 2007
Simple and natural, yet we were swept away.
December 14, 2007
A simple love story which could happen in everyday people's life. a movie which is worth ur multiple time watching
December 13, 2007
My tear drop unintentionally
and i dunno why... it's a touchy story
November 28, 2007
My friend though this was cheesy. Ok that out of the way sure maybe the love that takes place is a bit staged. That not the cool thing about this movie. The cool bits are what it says about appreciation for what you have and the duty a person has to live with significance, by placing personal significance on your life rather than 'going for points'. It's an admirable and simple notion.
November 25, 2007
Wow fantabulous movie! This is seriously one of my absolute favorite Korean films, its sooo beautiful! The plot's usually the other way around, with the girl having the incurable disease but I never tire of this sort of movie. She never found out did she. So so sad
November 20, 2007
That's why I like Shim Eun-ha. The 1st Korean movie which made me cry so much. Han Suk Kyu is great too even though he's not so handsome but looks like a honest loyal man.
November 18, 2007
This is a very touching story about life and love and strength. It's sweet and Han Suk-kyu and Shim Eun-Ha played their roles well.
½ November 18, 2007
A really touching and sad movie... would you have done the same if you were Jung-won?
November 16, 2007
A sad, touching, love story. Classical.
½ November 13, 2007
Watched this long time ago. It was hard to watch korean movies at theater in Japan back then. Acting by Han Suk-kyu.
November 13, 2007
if you let me choose only one Korean movie, this is the one