Joulutarina (Christmas Story) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joulutarina (Christmas Story) Reviews

½ December 22, 2010
It was, tragic, sad, warm and lightened the movie. A good story where orphan lives in the small village and how he became Santa Claus. For the Finnish movie, it was surprise. Usually i don`t like the Finnish movies but this was a very different film and the filmmakers wanted success in another countries.
The cast was good and even the child actor did a good performance. Hannu-Pekka Björkman fitted perfectly to his role. Only thing was really bothered me that the film tried to be realistic but suddenly Santa Claus some how discovered his "magic".
I someone want to watch a good the Christmas story and American comedy films getting bored, pick this and enjoy!
½ December 21, 2010
liian makeileva mun makuun. maisemat ja puvustus huippuja ja Kari Väänänen!
December 20, 2010
...Finally saw it on telly... mmmh....still looking fw to see Rare Export... Merry Christmas !
½ December 20, 2010
Kliseinen, korni, typerä tarina ja hirveetä näyttelyä. Eikä Antti Tuisku auta yhtään asiaa. Yks huonoimmista kotimaisista elokuvista. Mutta maisemat oli tietty komeita...
½ December 20, 2010
I actually enjoyed this movie because it was different than all the rest of the Santa movies. The scenary was amazing. Threw me off a little because of the words and the mouths not matching up but other than that an all around great holiday movie.
½ December 3, 2010
The perfect Christmas movie! The cover is not lying.
70 Minutes of beauty! Of course, acting and script is not the strong point of this movie, but costumes, make-up, scenery, sets... just AWESOME! Really brings you into Christmas mood. Also, the plot and the story is very sweet and warming.
It's sad that this movie, just because it's not Hollywood, has NO RATINGS AT ALL on here! This is a must see Christmas movie!
½ November 29, 2010
Satuna onnistunut, hienot lavasteet, puvut ja maisemat.
November 28, 2010
Heartwarming story...nice spin on how saint nick came to be. Really wonderful!
November 28, 2010
Ihan hyvä ja lempeä joulutarina. Hieman loppua kohden tämän suoraviivaisen ja riittävän yksinkertaisen tarinan kantokyky reistailee, mutta ei haittaa.
½ July 20, 2010
This is a Finnish film about the Santa Claus Origin Story. Unfortunately I had to watch this film in a dubbed version, as the only region 1 DVD I could find only offered an English soundtrack. The film is actually quite stunning visually. The amazing landscapes and vistas captured in this film are breathtaking and inspired quite a bit of skepticism in my wife and I. We just couldn't believe the scenery was real. Turns out it was. I must visit Finland sometime. This movie is actually very well made and the story is good enough. My main problem is the dubbing, I find it jarring and it makes it difficult to ensconce yourself into the film. The Voice acting is actually pretty good and all the voices seem to fit the characters, but the lips hardly ever match the speech. Annoying. This movie had a pretty brief running time and moves along briskly, very enjoyable and worth watching. I will be adding this to my holiday viewing list, as it is not an overly wrought sentimental journey.
May 5, 2010
Art direction is great as is the story, until the end, where it.... TANKS.
½ February 28, 2010
Juu-u.. toimii kyllä. Ihan hyvin tehty suomalaiseks. Paitsi, toi samperin Antti Tuiskun näkeminen kyl meinas vetää herneet nenään %)
February 2, 2010
This is a simple and touching story of a boy (then man) with a selfless heart. However, I didn't like the "Americanization" of the Santa Claus story - you know, with the red suit and flying reindeer...
January 4, 2010
A very good Christmas movie. It's one of those real stories that a perfect to watch on Christmas Eve with family.
December 31, 2009
The first Finnish movie I actually liked! The ending was pretty rubbish but other than that it was brillant.
½ December 26, 2009
Beautiful story about orphan Nikolas. Made me smile to see, what things lead to Christmas presents and Santa Claus. According to this story I would almost believe in Santa Claus again. :)
½ December 25, 2009
Un joli petit conte bien fait qui s'avre malgr tout un peu simpliste et par moment dur avaler..
December 22, 2009
Pekna lehka oddychovka. Clovek od toho ceka cokoliv, ale neni to tak spatne. Pekne kulisy a scenerie zasnezene krajiny. Herecke vykony prumerne. Ackoliv si myslite ze dej vite behem peti prvnich peti minut, neni to tak uplne pravda. Roky tam plynou stejne rychle jak minuty, takze musite byt dosti bystri abyste se zorientovalo kdo je kdo. Co se ale nepovedlo a film znacne znehodnotilo je ulitly zaver. Ten tam opravdu nepatri.
December 21, 2009
Quite a nice, rather old fashioned Christmas movie with beautiful cinematography of a stunning landscape. Great for kids - it's not cloying at all, and rather dark, actually.
December 12, 2009
Antti Tuisku was a bit too much...