Christmas With the Kranks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas With the Kranks Reviews

December 25, 2015
Jamie Lee Curtis pretty much just screams her way through this movie. The message is confused and the humor is forced at times as is the saccharine sentimentality. But it isn't the worst Christmas movie and Tim Allen and Dan Aykroyd are entertaining.
½ December 24, 2015
Burn all copies of this movie unless you're stupidly rich and spend thousands and thousands of dollars on Christmas yearly, and have a HOA that is full of crazy, obsessive, nosy idiots. You can't relate to anyone in this movie. It is wasteful, unfunny, and overall a horrid stab at any goodwill to this season.
December 24, 2015
I was disappointed in this movie. I was expecting it to be a lot funnier with a better storyline.
December 23, 2015
The last 5-10 minutes are its only redeeming quality, and they're not worth the other hour and a half of movie.
December 23, 2015
Best Christmas movie of all time! 5/5
½ December 21, 2015
So bad I can't even believe
December 21, 2015
Love love this movie! One of my Holiday favorites!
December 20, 2015
By the sheer charm and enjoyment I get from watching Tim Allen, 'Christmas With The Kranks' is watchable, but not a traditional holiday comedy by any means.
December 19, 2015
I really did like this movie. I don't see why other people don't.
December 19, 2015
This doesn't even deserve a single star. What a piece of shit.
½ December 16, 2015
I am laughing at the 5%
December 16, 2015
"Christmas With the Kranks" manages to add unlikable characters and lifeless humor on top of a story that preaches conformity and bigotry.
½ December 15, 2015
The only thing worse than this is The Christmas Tree
½ December 14, 2015
A Christmas classic. We don't consider it Christmas at our house until we've watched it each year.
December 11, 2015
This Christmas movie is a rather a guilty pleasure when it's around the holiday season. The performances aren't that good sometimes, the characters are sometimes stubborn or complete psychos, but you sometimes enjoy that it still has that spirit of goodness inside of it.

Some of the humor is nice. They have good set ups for slapstick humor and sometimes have a good outcome. Like the racing to ham scene. Even though the old lady wasn't really expressed enough and didn't have that much dialogue, it was still funny. But the thing i liked the most about this movie is Marty. We didn't know that much about him, so didn't the characters, but he is awesome. He was nice, he knew Spanish, he's pretty much Santa Claus...even though we found out that he actually is Santa and we were really confused about that, but other than that he's still awesome.

One of the problems with this movie is the other neighbors, they are flipping stubborn and insane. When they heard that the Kranks are going to skip Christmas, they look like that they are going to war against them. They are relentless trying to stop the Kranks from skipping Christmas. Another problem is Dan Aykroyd. His performances look crazy, it most likely looks like he's in horror movie instead of a comedy. But the one big problem with this movie is the idea of skipping Christmas because they would still be celebrating Christmas. What i mean is, in the movie, the parents said that they would skip Christmas to go on a cruise. But that is basically celebrating Christmas, because they are going on vacation together. That is the biggest thing wrong with this movie.

Anyways, this movie is enjoyable to watch. Even though the acting is ridiculous, and the writing doesn't add up, it's still a guilty pleasure that i watch every year.
December 11, 2015
I wonder if this movie is called Christmas With the Kranks because it makes you cranky. I didn't watch the whole movie, but it bugged me from what I saw.
December 7, 2015
Is it a terrific film? No, but I don't think it deserves all the hate from these critics. It's a pretty decent adaptation of the John Grisham book, and for all the critics' hate about messages of consumerism and conformity, it's also got a lot of heart and sincerity, with Tim Allen's character transforming from a Scrooge to a charitable human being.
½ December 3, 2015
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Follows the Christmas movie cliches in the worst way possible, has a horrible, boring plot, and obnoxious characters. Not to mention a Jaimie Lee Curtis that acts like she's still in Halloween. Horrible, horrible movie.
½ December 3, 2015
* Jamie Lee Curtis is annoying from start to finish, from her constant screaming to her unfathomable mood changes.
* The message of the film being about community coming together initially comes across as mob rule.
* For what is described as a comedy, its not funny at all. I dont think I laughed once.