A Christmas Without Snow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Without Snow Reviews

September 18, 2014
I liked it but at times it didn't feel like a Christmas movie and other times it dragged on and on and this movie was all over the place just when I think its going go one direction it switches into random stuff a decent watch wish they would have done something different
December 16, 2013
Loved the speech about what "amateur" means.
½ November 2, 2013
An intelligent and heartwarming Christmas movie! John Housemen and Michael Learned are great. Sorry it is not seen on t.v. these days. It deserved to become a classic.
January 18, 2013
A newly divorced and jobless mother seeks refuge in a Church choir run by a firm but fair music man with the goal to turn amateurs into a group of people capable of singing Handel. More than anything, this feels like a longer episode of 7th Heaven, unoriginal and forgettable. However, there is something cozy and heart warming about it that will please some people.
½ April 15, 2012
Excellent, if mawkish, exceedingly well-acted and well-cast contemporary early-eighties Christmas tale bears a unique premise focusing on a Bay area church choir's journey to the annual Holiday performance of Handel's 'Messiah', with all the requisite joy and drama involved, from a recently relocated divorcee's perspective(the elegant Michael Learned). A must-watch for every choral singer who has survived the 'Messiah' season. Extra half-star for casting John Houseman as the quintissential [new] choir director.
~ @thestaticisland
½ January 23, 2012
~ @thestaticisland
December 23, 2011
I found myself looking around the room hoping to watch inanimate objects mysteriously fall off shelves instead of watching this Glee for old people movie. So very boring. The only good parts were the definition of amateur scene and the guy wearing the "I CAN HANDEL THE MESSIAH" t-shirt.
November 25, 2011
What a great little flick...
May 21, 2011
After 30 years I was surprised to find I enjoyed this film more than when I last saw it during its initial broadcast. In any case, whatever its strengths, weaknesses, and general datedness, I have always remembered the scene in which Houseman's character explains the true meaning of 'amateur' and have made the virtue a guiding priniciple in concerns close to my heart.
December 28, 2010
A CHRISTMAS WITHOUT SNOW (1980)
½ December 19, 2010
This was a movie I really have no feelings about one way or the other. It was okay at the time, but nothing memorable.
December 12, 2009
Personally i found this drama about a church choir as boring as hell.
December 31, 2008
A great holiday movie that I was introduced to for the first time a couple years back when I saw it on television. Now, on DVD, this movie looks better than ever! This is a great movie that the entire family is sure to love. This movie will become part of the Christmas movie group that your family watches together year after year.
½ April 23, 2007
There isn't much of Christmas in this story. It's a well meaning film, very clearly a made for television movie. You need to like church music to enjoy the film at all. Nicely written, but a little too long and it's bland.