Christy Reviews

• Sep 19, 2012

i love this film. i wish the series didn't end that way.

i love this film. i wish the series didn't end that way.

• Apr 01, 2009

It was all right but I really didn't even like the book that much, cause I think she ended up with the wrong guy.

• Mar 13, 2009

i love this movie it is mysteriopuse

i love this movie it is mysteriopuse

• Jan 10, 2009

Not nearly as good as the series though

Not nearly as good as the series though

• Sep 28, 2008

I can't find the one from 1994 to rate on here. I enjoyed the first one and did not know there was al ater one.

• Jul 18, 2008

It was a nice story, but I missed Kellie Martin too much. The new girl isn't terrible, but she's just not how I picture Christy at all.

• May 11, 2008

Great book, great series, wonderful!

Great book, great series, wonderful!

• Apr 20, 2008

I absolutely love watching “Christy.” I have read the book by Catherine Marshall and I have all the TV episodes in my collection on DVD. I also have the movie “Christy,” which showed where the TV series left off. I agree with many that the actress who portrayed Christy Huddleston in the movie will never replace Kelly Martin. This woman looked similar to Kelly, but is not the same. I’m glad they brought the original Dr. McNeil. The actor who portrayed the reverend did a decent job, but was not as handsome as the original actor who portrayed the reverend. The woman who portrayed Miss Alice did a good job, but Tyne Daley is the only one who can play Miss Alice. She played her in a way that made her character fun to watch. Overall even with different actors portraying the characters, the movie was decent, but the movie didn’t seem to have a true ending. It’s like they ended it, but at the same time the viewer was left wanting more. We still never quite found out who Christy married. We know she had a daughter. Did she pick the handsome and charming reverend or did she pick the strong and outspoken doctor, or did she decide to go in a different direction altogether and pick someone else? I think Christy mentions whom she married in the book, but I can’t remember. In conclusion I wish there were more TV series like “Christy” out today, as it’s a show that all should watch no matter how old one happens to be. I learned a lot from watching Christy come to Cutter Gap, and seeing how the poor families lived in the back hills of TNN lived.

• Mar 06, 2008

...not as good as the original series with Kelly Martin, but ok since it ties up the loose ends from the original.

• Jan 02, 2008