Chrome And Hot Leather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chrome And Hot Leather Reviews

February 8, 2014
You'll leave when you're excused.

A group of bikers run a group of girls off the road where they fall off a cliff to their death. The driver of the car was dating a Green Beret. The Green Beret goes undercover in hopes of uncovering the men responsible for his girlfriend's death. The Green Beret swears he can let the police handle the mater when he gets a lead, but will he truly be able to hold back his feelings when he confronts the men?

"It's been a long time since I really wanted someone."

Lee Frost, director of Policewomen, Private Obsessions, The Black Gestapo, The Thing with Two Heads, Chain Gang Women, and The Scavengers, delivers Chrome and Hot Leather. The storyline for this picture is just okay and a bit cliché. The characters were pretty funny and the acting was putrid. The cast includes William Smith, Peter Brown, Larry Bishop, and Kathrine Baumann.

"This guy ain't a cop. He's a sergeant in the Army."

I came across this film while scrolling the grindhouse pictures on Netflix. I thought this could have been a cooler picture but the main character was so stale. I still found the film entertaining and fun to watch unfold. This is worth a viewing.

"Pull over and I'll give you a ride."

Grade: C-
June 4, 2013
67%

The clean cut boys vs the shaggy boys. Slightly better then the average 70's biker flick and one of Lee Frost's better films as well (at least of the ones I've seen). Starts out really strong, then peels out on ridiculousness toward the end.

"I take it you found my chain."-Casey (Michael Haynes)
He really loved that chain.
October 4, 2012
Watched it yesterday...LOL love the cheesy movies, And what about dan haggerty aka Grizly Adams, No lines but still there! Love to meet kathy in person!!
February 23, 2012
Who knew Marvin Gaye could act.
½ February 7, 2012
Another biker/military mashed movie starring William Smith. No they are not saving POWs this time like in The Losers but rather Michael Haynes runs some girls off the road killing them & the driver's military brother (Tony Young) & his buddies infiltrate the biker underworld seeking revenge. Even though he's the leader of the gang The Devils William Smith sorta takes a back set in this one but he is still cool ass even w/ limited involvement. I laughed my ass off in the end when Smith & his gang are getting the holy piss knocked out of them by Tony Young & his military buddies & is just like 'hey that's enough..there's the mother-fucker (Michael Haynes) that you want'. Not a chicken shit move but there is no reason to die when you're not the son-of-a-bitch to blame
½ September 29, 2011
I'm embarssed to say I watched this one. Its bad, really, really bad. It's not even worthy of a Saturday B-movie-a-thon.
January 9, 2011
Only worth your time if you're as into biker flicks and Larry Bishop as I am. Ultimately though, the third act Green Berets vs. bikers sequence (in which said Green Berets use over-the-top military tactics to terrorize, beat, and capture a mostly-harmless biker gang in the name of revenge against ONE member of the gang) is pathetic and almost Punishment Park-esque. Seeing a biker flick like this makes me see perhaps why Larry Bishop would make Hell Ride an almost fantasy-like flick focusing solely on biker warfare where any and all normal protagonists (not to mention cops!) are nonexistent. It's much more interesting without the good-guy/bad-guy lines already drawn for you.
½ March 16, 2010
Biker film from the early 70's has a green beret that is out to find the biker gang that is responsable for his girlfriend's death. Below average biker film has alot of filler including a montage of the green beret and his friends training to be bikers. However Larry Bishop has a small role but it doesn't save it from being anything but mediocre.