The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Reviews

½ April 13, 2018
wow! 2010 is gonna be major for the fliks!! bring em on!!
March 20, 2018
The third film in C.S. Lewis's amazing series, The Dawn Treader, doesn't do the book justice. With an even slower pace than "Prince Caspian", and a dull storyline, The Dawn Treader is hard to watch. Good acting, terrific costume design and great visuals help make this film, ok, at best. All in all, fans of the series will enjoy it, but probably hoping the next installment is a lot better.
February 2, 2018
(4.0 out of 6)
When what places we try to enter we see our time has not yet come. When what other places we see such places calls for us we see the time is now to enter. When what we enter into time has passed and peace is restored in such places we sail too. When what places we enter are those places that are foreign to us when we see we have no time. When what places others enter are places that can change what time can only do when it's forward. When what place those enter we see we have a connection with whenever the time is right. When we see other places those try to enter time holds still for them forever. When what our greatest desires we place we always enter into this world of greed to see we can buy time as much as we want. When what place others enter we see the dark side of such places when it inhabits all those in time and places full of creatures. When what place we need to enter we see those that get there on time. When what place those entered and stayed we see was another time. When what place others see their chance to enter they see their time is now. When what place we take a stand and enter into adulthood we see the right choices they make with time.

When we see such far away places we enter we are along way home when time and distance shows no signs of our location. When what places we reach and must enter into another place we see it's time to meet those we have long been apart from. When what places we once entered unsure what places will take us to see that time takes us to all places in our life to the last destination adulthood. When we see that time can change the way we see such places that we enter into a different place when some journeys end and others are just beginning.
November 3, 2017
Not as I expected I was hoping for action and fighting but I feel like this was a slow movie and not a good one. I think the first two movies were better
½ October 17, 2017
The latest Narnia installment is an imperfect, but affecting journey for the film-goer. The movie remains faithful enough to the book to remain dear to fans, but is different as it needs to be to be told in a 2-hour cinematic form. At times profoundly impactful and deeply moving, this will be time well spent this holiday season.
½ August 30, 2017
Disappointing. Why change things in the book that were perfect to begin with (green mist)?
½ July 24, 2017
Slowing down and trading its large scale battles for adventures at sea, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is not a perfect sendoff for the franchise, but its certainly a dazzling one.
½ July 23, 2017
Great ending to the pevensies adventures in Narnia
June 25, 2017
An extremely disappointing and poorly made end to the Narnia series. I am a major fan of the genre of fantasy. I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, and I really enjoy the Harry Potter films as well. When the first Narnia film came out, I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed it. It may not have been as epic or character driven as Lord of the Rings, but it contained many great battles and great visual effects on top of a good story. I also enjoyed the sequel, Prince Caspian, a lot, so I was quite excited to see what was next. Sadly, this third chapter was lacking in a compelling story, boring, and without two of the four main characters from the previous films. Overall, Dawn Treader was a sub par film, and a big disappointment.
D
June 1, 2017
It was fun and stuck closly to the book with some intresting changes but was not as good as the previous movies do to less convincing acting and anoying sailors.
½ May 31, 2017
Too many changes from the source material and a lack of wonder and excitement make Dawn Treader a tedious sit-through instead of a pleasant fantasy.
May 8, 2017
This was not my favorite movie
April 16, 2017
On its own terms, this would be a routine fantasy adventure film. As an adaptation of C S Lewis's book it is a travesty, the only redeeming feature being the portrayal of Eustace, who is recognisably the same person as in the book, particularly in some of his scenes with Reepicheep. Although most of the elements of the book's plot are vaguely present albeit mostly in the wrong order, they are distorted almost beyond recognition in order to up the quotient of action and opportunities for CGI. In the process all the Christian symbolism of the book is lost and transmuted into bland new age messages, and even more unforgivably, numerous loose ends and inconsistencies not present in the original are introduced into the story. When I watched Prince Caspian a few weeks ago, I thought it was pretty far from the original, but compared with this misconceived recasting of the most episodic of the seven Narnian books into a computer game-like quest Prince Caspian was a model of fidelity. Very disappointing.
April 11, 2017
I enjoyed this film a lot:)
April 1, 2017
This seems interesting
½ January 31, 2017
So bad I wish the author kept the 2 older siblings it had a dumb plot
½ January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
The best of the lot - probably because Peter isn't in it - oh and the paedo goat man!
½ January 15, 2017
It's remarkable that the script to this second sequel to a slowly strengthening series based on beloved stories has suddenly dropped in competence to a cheesy trip of disconnected ideas. Even with great production values providing some moments of emotional power, this series is now adrift, calling for help.
January 12, 2017
Well done series entry / finale with this cast. Yet another worthy sequel... On Blu-Ray.