The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Reviews

½ March 29, 2016
I read all of the books and watched all the movies produced so far but I did like the first one better. I guess you have to appreciate the films as well as the book. Not all books that are turned into movies stay true to the stories but the characters portrayed in the movies really add the imagination if you've only read the books. The Chronicles of Narnia will always be my favorite book/movie series even if the movies don't always stick to the book.
March 23, 2016
The best of the series. I really wish they would continue the series.
½ March 13, 2016
With this being the third installment of the film series, I knew I wanted to see it, but I also know that nothing is ever as good as the very first film. With that being said, it was still somewhat entertaining and adventure packed, but I often found myself bored or confused as to what was going on. The younger kids grew up, two of the main characters were excluded and the plot was all over the place. Still, it is worth seeing if for no other reason than to see how the Pevensie siblings conclude their adventures in the mystical land of Narnia.
March 11, 2016
I liked the first 2 movies
½ February 7, 2016
This one was not the best I think. It did not have a good plot and not interesting. There was like no fighting involved
January 31, 2016
Expecting a bad ending to this attempt at the franchise, Voyage of the Dawn Treader was surprisingly enjoyable. Shorter movie meant things happening quicker and Poulter's Eustace was possibly best character!? Weird.
January 13, 2016
Obviously this movie is terrible, but I watch it constantly and it brings me shame.
The kid who plays Eustace is so perfect though. Glad they brought Tilda in for no reason for a moment. Gains half a star for its mouse sized canoe at the end.
January 13, 2016
Dull and disappointing, The Dawn Treader probably destroyed any chances of another movie.
January 3, 2016
An extremely disappointing and poorly made end to the Narnia series. I am a major fan of the genre of fantasy. I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, and I really enjoy the Harry Potter films as well. When the first Narnia film came out, I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed it. It may not have been as epic or character driven as Lord of the Rings, but it contained many great battles and great visual effects on top of a good story. I also enjoyed the sequel, Prince Caspian, a lot, so I was quite excited to see what was next. Sadly, this third chapter was lacking in a compelling story, boring, and without two of the four main characters from the previous films. Overall, Dawn Treader was a sub par film, and a big disappointment.
4.0/10
December 19, 2015
Should have been longer, like the first 2 where.
½ November 7, 2015
itīs obvious that itīs the worst of the 3, but that doesnīt means that itīs not enjoyable.... back to narnia and see Aslan was enough for me for still waiting the 4th
November 5, 2015
With a feeling of simplification of the original material The Voyage becomes a broad adaptation of the children's book turned into blockbuster remaining at the same time a Christmas sequel to the first film.
November 5, 2015
37%
Rich in visual grandness but lacking in substance, "Voyage" looks down on its fans and treats its source material with disrespect.

VARITABLE: 55%
October 27, 2015
i liked the books, they drew me in. i hope there is action in this one as int he last one. there was a total jump between caspian and lion, witch, and wardrobe. the battle sequences in caspian were just, "bloodbaths".
½ October 23, 2015
This one I'd have to re-watch because i remember so little about this movie.
October 22, 2015
This movie has such a great production design that it almost makes me forget how lame the story is. The characters are poorly developed, the plot confusing, drifting from one scene to the next without any cohesion, and the religious allegory is now even more obvious, resorting many times to an "Aslan ex machina" that is really frustrating.
½ August 26, 2015
Good enough, I guess.
August 17, 2015
This film is the most spiritually fulfilling of the three Narnia movies, but also the most dramatically disappointing. The scene on the beach with Aslan is the high water mark of all three movies. However, death and violence is smoothed over, making the combat feel numb, and there is no clear threat from any personal villain.
Also, the characters behave in plot-convenient ways: taking combat-green Eustace on the away team, leaving him to guard the escape route, the on-switched animosity between Edmund and Caspian in the cave, and the sudden nice-making of Eustace after his rescue by Aslan. Lucy's performance, however, is convincing as she struggles with her insecurities.
Watch this movie for the glorious ship and for Aslan. Pass if these stated themes disinterest you.
½ August 12, 2015
Not as good as i want it to be.
August 11, 2015
Honestly, this one is quite boring. Aslan and The White Witch feel super shoehorned into the movie.