The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Reviews

January 3, 2016
An extremely disappointing and poorly made end to the Narnia series. I am a major fan of the genre of fantasy. I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, and I really enjoy the Harry Potter films as well. When the first Narnia film came out, I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed it. It may not have been as epic or character driven as Lord of the Rings, but it contained many great battles and great visual effects on top of a good story. I also enjoyed the sequel, Prince Caspian, a lot, so I was quite excited to see what was next. Sadly, this third chapter was lacking in a compelling story, boring, and without two of the four main characters from the previous films. Overall, Dawn Treader was a sub par film, and a big disappointment.
December 19, 2015
Should have been longer, like the first 2 where.
½ November 8, 2015
This could have been so much better than what it turned out to be, and am still wondering what the heck went wrong!
½ November 7, 2015
itīs obvious that itīs the worst of the 3, but that doesnīt means that itīs not enjoyable.... back to narnia and see Aslan was enough for me for still waiting the 4th
November 5, 2015
With a feeling of simplification of the original material The Voyage becomes a broad adaptation of the children's book turned into blockbuster remaining at the same time a Christmas sequel to the first film.
November 5, 2015
Rich in visual grandness but lacking in substance, "Voyage" looks down on its fans and treats its source material with disrespect.

October 27, 2015
i liked the books, they drew me in. i hope there is action in this one as int he last one. there was a total jump between caspian and lion, witch, and wardrobe. the battle sequences in caspian were just, "bloodbaths".
½ October 23, 2015
This one I'd have to re-watch because i remember so little about this movie.
October 22, 2015
This movie has such a great production design that it almost makes me forget how lame the story is. The characters are poorly developed, the plot confusing, drifting from one scene to the next without any cohesion, and the religious allegory is now even more obvious, resorting many times to an "Aslan ex machina" that is really frustrating.
½ August 26, 2015
Good enough, I guess.
August 17, 2015
This film is the most spiritually fulfilling of the three Narnia movies, but also the most dramatically disappointing. The scene on the beach with Aslan is the high water mark of all three movies. However, death and violence is smoothed over, making the combat feel numb, and there is no clear threat from any personal villain.
Also, the characters behave in plot-convenient ways: taking combat-green Eustace on the away team, leaving him to guard the escape route, the on-switched animosity between Edmund and Caspian in the cave, and the sudden nice-making of Eustace after his rescue by Aslan. Lucy's performance, however, is convincing as she struggles with her insecurities.
Watch this movie for the glorious ship and for Aslan. Pass if these stated themes disinterest you.
½ August 12, 2015
Not as good as i want it to be.
August 11, 2015
Honestly, this one is quite boring. Aslan and The White Witch feel super shoehorned into the movie.
August 9, 2015
Big fan of C.S. Lewis
August 2, 2015
Knowing the success of the novels, one would expect more from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: an anticipated feature brought to waste
July 26, 2015
I think it was great movie I and watch over again narnia movies are so good can't wait for the other narnia books to come in a movies silver chair to be next and I can't wait
July 21, 2015
So good that yoU can know it is Asran who rule over the Narnia
The Asran is the God in Christian lives
July 6, 2015
The most adventuresome of the three so far, it brings more aspects and idea's to life. Certainly more than the very formulaic Prince Caspian. It never lets itself get as serious as it should though, as bits of humor and sarcasm (from the Eustace character) often take away the pace of adventure. Almost to the point where the movie is knocking itself for being a fantasy film. Its still a fun time and a deeper, interesting look into the Narnia universe.
½ June 14, 2015
Not nearly as good as the first two.
June 3, 2015
Great film even with the revisions from the book's original plot, this movie was a well realized and exciting journey!