The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Reviews

½ June 14, 2015
Not nearly as good as the first two.
June 3, 2015
Great film even with the revisions from the book's original plot, this movie was a well realized and exciting journey!
½ June 1, 2015
Voyage of the Dawn Treader has some good things about it like a spectacular performance from Will Poulter, but the action and visuals are underwhelming and the actors seem un-interested.
May 30, 2015
A cracking movie, really good adaptation
May 25, 2015
A little bit disappointing...
½ May 1, 2015
They got rid of Peter. And that sucks.
A rotten rating of 49%
"It does have dazzling special effects and solid performances, but getting rid of some of their characters was a bad move."
½ April 27, 2015
I don't know how this movie managed to be as scattered and incoherent as it was. It's almost like the screenplay had 500 different writers.
March 31, 2015
A new turn of style is outmatched by the same characters, sense of morality, and effects that make this whole series a real must-see.
½ March 4, 2015
Slight step backwards, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it. 3.5/5 Good
March 1, 2015
Loved the movie. I loved the movie but was disappointed by the way the story shown... I was way better in the book! Beautiful CGI though. I really hope they will do all the books in a movie!
February 22, 2015
WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH AN ENJOYABLE MOVIE 2 WATCH, its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.....I think that Georgie Henley, liam neeson, ben barnes, will poulter, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....I think that the director of this action/adventure/kids/family/sci-fi/fantasy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........I think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch, but it is such a gripping, thrilling movie 2 watch, its got good fight scenes throughout this movie........

Cameos
William Moseley as Peter Pevensie: Peter is the oldest of the Pevensie children, who was crowned as the High King of Narnia during the events of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. He was too old to experience the wonders of Narnia after the events of Prince Caspian.
Anna Popplewell as Susan Pevensie: Susan is the second-oldest of the Pevensie children and a Queen of Narnia. She was too old to visit Narnia a third time along with her older brother Peter. She went to America with her parents, leaving her younger siblings to spend a not so fun holiday with their cousin Eustace.
Tilda Swinton as Jadis, the White Witch: The White Witch is a former queen of Charn and a witch who ruled Narnia after the events of The Magician's Nephew and during the events of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Edmund's memories of her are revived by the mist to torment him in his test to defeat temptation.
Douglas Gresham as a slave buyer: Douglas Gresham is the step son of C. S. Lewis and has made cameo appearances in all three Narnia films all of which he produced.

Conversion to 3D

"Well, the thing about us is that we have a long time. We decided in February [2010] to make Dawn Treader a 3D movie, so we had nine months to do it. Some of these other films put 3D in very quickly. I believe something like Clash of the Titans had about eight weeks. So we have had time to think about it, so it hasn't been a rush. I think we'll get very good value out of it. They won't see anything cheap or nasty. Rest assured on that."

-Michael Apted defending the film's conversion to 3D after a series of media criticism of 3D conversions of films released in 2010,

After the success of the 3D release of Avatar, 20th Century Fox announced on February 2010 that The Voyage of the Dawn Treader would be released in Digital 3D and RealD 3D formats; it is the first Narnia film to have a 3D release. Walden had previous experience creating 3D films, having released James Cameron's documentaries Ghosts of the Abyss and Aliens of the Deep, as well as Journey to the Center of the Earth with New Line Cinema. The filmmakers initially discussed shooting the film in 3D during principal photography but later decided to shoot in two-dimensional cameras to save on costs. Prime Focus Group was hired in June 2010 to convert the film to 3D during post-production. Film director Joe Dante remarked that Apted was at first skeptical about the conversion, stating "If I was gonna do a 3D movie, I would have done it differently." Later, he remarked that he was excited after seeing progress during the conversion. Dawn Treader was his first 3D film.Johnson later said that the reason for the film's 3D release was to help Dawn Treader at the box office, where it would be in competition with films such as Tangled, Tron: Legacy, and Yogi Bear which were released in 3D.

Composer David Arnold scored the film, with themes composed by Harry Gregson-Williams (who scored the first two films). It was the Arnold's fourth collaboration with Apted, after The World Is Not Enough, Enough, and Amazing Grace. Arnold worked with Paul Apted in editing the score, which he said was "going to be epic." The scoring sessions took place during September and work was completed on October 8, 2010. An original song, "There's A Place for Us" written by Carrie Underwood, David Hodges, and Hillary Lindsey, and recorded by Carrie Underwood, was released on November 16, 2010 exclusively on iTunes. It was released on December 7, 2010 by Sony Masterworks. Covers of the song have recorded by various singers around the world

man this is such a great movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie.....this is such a great instalment of the Narnia chronicles, as they are all really good movies in there own ways, they are all great movies 2 watch.......I think that this is such an enjoyable family movie 2 watch, its got a fantastic cast throughout this movie.....I think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch, it is such a thrilling movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie......
February 15, 2015
Admit it though, there's something going on between Caspian and Edmund. I rest my case.
January 30, 2015
Despite its slow pace and thin plot, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is still an entertaining film due to its talented cast.
½ January 29, 2015
By far the weakest of the three, Dawn Treader barely even makes use of the gift of having a dragon to play with. Full review later.
January 19, 2015
Great great great!!!!!!!!
January 7, 2015
Another amazing sequel of Narnia.
½ January 3, 2015
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one great adaptation boasting solid performances and dazzling visual effects. This deserves a place on this year's top list. I loved it.
January 1, 2015
I really like the adventure in this movie. With all the magic and mystery.
January 1, 2015
didn't like the cousin much
December 28, 2014
I hope they stick more to the book this time. They really got off on Prince Caspian! Can't wait to go see it!!