The Chronicles of Riddick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Riddick Reviews

½ June 29, 2016
RIDDICK IS BACK BADDER THEN EVER, WITH GREAT ACTION . AS IT COMES OUT TO SHOW WHY HE IS THE BAD ASS AND WHAT MADE HIM SO.
½ June 29, 2016
Most of this movie's appeal comes simply from being another Riddick installment. If it was a standalone it would probably be both better reviewed, and less critically received. It definitely didnt live up to Pitch Black.
June 29, 2016
Once again we get a Riddick movie. It makes a lot more sense with the RESTORED footage than without. This is why this series won't die. On home video it tells the whole story. When you tell a good story people watch. If they'd stop chopping the Theatrical Version of these films they might actually make more money. If you saw the film at Theaters you owe yourself a chance to get the answers you were deprived of. Loaded with attitude, action, and now good storytelling this is a good film.
½ June 29, 2016
I'm torn between the theatrical and director's cut for Chronicles. While there is some more story and violence, the restored scenes cause the narrative to flow unevenly. The extra story content is very good, however it seemed to hamper the pace. 4 & 1/2 stars for the director's cut, 5 for the theatrical (can't believe I'm saying that).
June 29, 2016
Great Universe to further explore
½ June 22, 2016
A little more involved and larger scale than Pitch Black (which I guess this is a sequel to but more of a true spinoff I guess you could say). Good action and special effects in this one. A race of people seek followers and a place called "the underverse" and destroy planets. Riddick seeks answers helps an Imam and is thrust into a feud with the ruler of the conquering race after he finds that someone from Riddick's race is prophecied to kill him. I like where they take Riddick in this and the prison scenes are pretty awesome.
June 10, 2016
Essentially a Conan movie set in space. Good fun if you like an anti-hero protagonist, though the movie does suffer from overly rapid cuts in fight scenes that obscure the action.
May 17, 2016
Had to see it 3 times before I appreciated how well the plot hangs together. Great visuals, above average story telling. Like it!
May 8, 2016
I loved this movie, it's not simply a "sequel" to pitch black but an entire new epic sci-fi world. Much more deeper than the previous. Critics are heavily wrong on this one, is the best of the franchise, just very different. Pitch Black is "horror in space" a la "Alien", while Chronicles is epic space opera.
April 2, 2016
I wasn't that keen on Pitch black, but this movie is a lot better with only a few mild references to the first. The only trouble is it seems they cared more about the CGI.
March 30, 2016
Nuh, critics don't understand how cool this me is especially the extended version.
jamrcla
½ February 24, 2016
Slightly better than the first thanks to some good action scenes, But maybe strayed too far from the first, And the effects were pretty poor and the acting again was pretty bad I can see in a way why it's not liked as much as the first but it's not as bad as critics make out.
January 29, 2016
Kick a$$ science fiction flick...an underrated follow up to Pitch Black. Diesel's best work are those two movies. The 3rd one "Riddick"...is hideous.
January 1, 2016
151126: This film is all over the board. Assuming it has a lot more detail, the book is likely a much better bet. It's a bit unfortunate because the first film, Pitch Black (2000), is a decently entertaining horror sci-fi. Pitch Black was simple to follow and had enough action to keep your eyes on the screen. This film is much more complicated, if not convoluted, in its story line. Found I enjoyed it more as it progressed. Will see what Riddick (2013) brings.
December 30, 2015
in my opinion it's on of the best action movies of the 2000! Everything from the plot to the actors is great and capturing, you can relate to the characters ( what is really rare those days, unlike the last STAR WARS 7 which is officially the worst movie i've ever seen). In conclusion, the movie is great!
November 8, 2015
Could have watched the film on mute while watering my plants. Wouldn't have missed anything important of the plot or dialogue.
September 24, 2015
one of the best films in the world.
action packed
August 9, 2015
one of the worse films i have seen
July 28, 2015
I've rarely been disappointed in a sequel because I rarely expect much but damn if I did not get my hopes up then crushed quickly by this trash.
½ July 22, 2015
No apologies. I love the Riddick movies!